What's new

RazoRock XXX shaving cream

Item Description

RazoRock XXX is an in-house product developed and sold by ItalianBarber.com Even though it's very new it is quickly moving up to the top of my rotation - the scent is intoxicating and classy, with a strong, clean neroli note and the performance is on par with the costliest creams out there - Castle Forbes and Acqua di Parma (incidentally, XXX is almost a dead ringer for AdP Colonia's scent). The texture seems slightly different and XXX's colour is a tad ligher than AdP. But they are very very close together. I am amazed at how ItalianBarber is able to bring such a combination of quality and scent at such a ridiculously low price.

The cream loads very easily, I used my Rooney Heritage Stubby 1 brush for maybe 10 seconds or so and was able to whip up enough thick, slick, aromatic and stable lather for three passes. XXX makes the razor glide effortlessly and doesn't dry up on my face like some of the much more expensive creams that I have. I had no irritation after the shave and after I dried my face I had no unpleasant "pulling" which some other shaving products seem to produce due to their drying nature. My face felt clean, moisturized and was breathing with every pore. I finished off with RazoRock aftershave wax which is another amazing product by ItalianBarber.

The only thing I didn't rate as a 10 is the packaging, but honestly, I don't really mind the flimsy plastic tub, which is similar to the Proraso, perhaps a bit thinner. I am a lot happier to pay $7.99 for XXX than $60+ for Acqua di Parma even though the latter comes in a stately and sleek container :) All things considered XXX at the current price is an absolute steal.

I have enough high-end creams and soaps to last me at least 5 years but I know that my tub of XXX will be seeing a lot of action and will most likely I will stock up on a few more tubs of this wonderful cream to make sure I can continue to enjoy it. My hat off to Joseph of ItalianBarber for bringing this amazing value deal to the market!

Latest reviews

Pros: lather, slickness, scent
Cons: need more scent!
I received this free, so price is outstanding. This lathered up very well with a very nice, subdued, masculine scent. I actually wish the scent were stronger, or longer lasting. It provided a nice, cushioned, slick lather and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I'm becoming a fan of these "croaps" as it appears to be the new wave or product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: packaging
If you don't mind creams with a lot of tallow and don't mind a heavy scent after rinsing then it is ok. The packaging is absolutely crap and the product itself gets very mushy and begins to break up after a while. Even though is "oily" when applied it didn't seem to moisturize my beard. Overall based on the hype I was dissapointed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: lather, scent, efficacy, moisturizing qualities, price
Cons: stings my face...just a bit
As my supply of various creams and soaps accumulates, I've grown eager to find one I can settle on.

I think that this is it.

It is simply excellent in every regard.

My boar brushes exalt at the sight of RR. A big Omega brush with this cream must be the classic Italian lathering experience.

My only personal caveat is that it stings my face just a tad---I think it is a fragrance issue (I'm hoping one of the other RazoRock creams alleviates this). I love the scent and performance so much that I am willing to label the sensation as "tingle" and enjoy it.

I don't mind the container---a complaint of others---but this stuff would be very easily pressed into a container of your liking

Definitely worth a try. :wink2:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability