What's new

Ray's of Colorado Sandalwood Shave Soap

Pros: Good scent, creates just as good of lather, good price.
Cons: Soak the puck or you won't get any lather, at least with hard water.
Review time Keep in mind I've only been in making lather a couple weeks now and I do have hard water.. Ray's of Colorado Shave Soap. Coconut and Lime scent.
Price $5 on ebay and free shipping ordered Friday showed up Tuesday. Puck size is 2.5 oz. Tallow based soap goats milk and shea butter. Out of Escali Badger and VDH boar kit brush. Best result with VDH kit boar brush. Soaked puck with hot water for 2-3 minutes for best result while I was soaking brushes. Made a decent lather. A little better than I normally get with the VDH luxury kit soap. I'm sure an experienced wet shaver would have no problem making a good lather, especially with soft water. This soap does like to use water (at least with hard water) to the same amount of work as the VDH soap and produced a nicely dense lather, but not a very thick layer when applied to the face. Scent is strong on the puck but nice and mild on the lather. It is different than any other coconut scented product of any kind I've smelled. The lime definitely gives it a unique scent very light but accompanies it well. It also has, to me, a kind of peppery note. I usually don't go for fruity island scents, but this was masculine and nice. I would have no problem recommending this to someone more experienced than me. If I could give one suggestion it would be to soak the puck, although it has a little give, I could get next to nothing when I didn't, use that water!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, Scent, lather, natural ingredients
Cons: puck size
great scent and lathers well. So cheap and easy to order! small puck but it lasts a few months of use. Very good glycerin content and woody spiced sandalwood smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)