What's new

Rafa Marquez A/S Lotion

Here in Mexico, this is a relatively new aftershave; about 2 years in the market. It's the product line of Rafa Marquez; a Mexican soccer player. I decided to try it since it has witch hazel, menthol, allantoin (great moisturizer), and low percentage of vegetal origin alcohol (46%).

View attachment 91759
The glass bottle comes in this grey box.

View attachment 91760
It's not the most luxurious bottle but it won't be a shame in your bathroom. It doesn't feel like a cheap plastic bottle.

View attachment 91762
These are the ingredients in both English and Spanish. Sorry the spanish ingredients are not clear, but I think nobody here will need them in spanish.

Price: this costs aroung $180 Mexican pesos (about $15USD); but I found it in a special price and got it for $105MP ($8.75USD). I think it's a good price.

Quality: very good quality. I really protects against inclemencies like razor bumps, soothes the skin and heal up small nicks. The packaging is not the best. It's simple and timeless. But I won't be a shame to have this in your bathroom. The bottle is made of thick glass and the liquid is almost colorless.

Fights razors burn: well, I don't really suffer of razor burn. But I tipically get razor bumps. I got them whenever I used the Nivea extra sensitive ASB. But this lotion has really good astringent properties and I don't get any bump at all.

Cooling sensation: it contains menthol, so it provides a nice cooling sensation; not too strong, but you will feel that freeeze on your skin for about 2 or 3 minutes.

Scent: the scent is not really traditional, but natural. The main note is lemon. It's not lingering (fades in about 5-7 minutes) so you won't have any problem if you want to wear a cologne.

Efficacy: it will heal up your skin, tone it up too, and won't dry you out. I think is particularly effective on prone-to-acne skin (like mine). It also contains witch hazel, so it may be effective on fighting ingrown hairs.

Moisturizing: Wow! It's an alcohol-based A/S that moisturizes; not like a balm but it contains allantoin, a great moisturizer and skin smoother.

No alcohol burn: It has a low percentage of alcohol (46%). It won't really burn unless you splash a large amount.

Bottom line: if you come to mexico and want to try one of our aftershaves you should try it. You won't regret this A/S.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)