What's new

Queen Charlotte Soaps Key Lime

Price: Currently it costs around $11 for 4 oz., shipping included. This is a great deal for the amount and quality of the product.
Quality/Latherability/Efficacy: Overall this cream/soap is a great performer. It's slick, lathers well, and offers plenty of protection. Due to the soft nature of it, it tends to go quickly, but it is also easy to load on a brush without needing to soak it.
Scent: The Lime scent is fantastic. It doesn't linger around long enough to interfere with any cologne, but is nice and present during the shave.
Moisturizing Properties: I couldn't really tell, since I always use aftershave and/or moisturizing lotion afterwards, so no rating from me.
Packaging: Simple and effective. The label ink does run a little bit, but otherwise it's exactly what it needs to be. The white plastic screw-top container is very re-usable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
What can I say?
I love this soap.
I have quite a few soaps and creams and got this as a gift recently, about a year into my wet shaving journey.
Firstly I love the smell. It's nice and fresh with nothing too sickly sweet or fake about it. It's a strong wonderful lime scent that I adore (I have Mama Bear's Lime as well but amn't keen on it at all).
This lathers like a beauty and the lather is slick and thick and moisturizing. It's incredibly easy to lather up with and provides one of the densest, easily perfect lathers I've ever found. Honestly I was very taken aback about just how good this is and am now craving to try more of the scents.
Out of 15+ soaps and 6+ creams I own this is my favourite now and that's beating some things that I used to (and still do) swore by. Only this just raised the bar that bit higher.

I highly recommend this product.

The only areas I marked this down in were the price because shipping to Ireland is pricey though the cost of the product itself is very good. And packaging because it's sufficient but not amazing but with product like this that's the last of my cares!
I am always interested in a new cream, and when that cream is available in lime I am twice as interested. And when it's as reasonably priced as this stuff AND produced by an old B&B hand, well, I'm all over it.

The easy way to do this is to follow along the ratings and explain each. I wish this was all perfect 10s, but it's not. It's veryu good, but there is room for improvement in a couple areas.

Price - what can you say? $7.50 plus very reasonable postage gets you 4oz of cream! An exceptional deal. This seems to be the place to talk about service, and my cream was on my door step two business days after ordering. I am 8 hours away from Charlotte by car, so that's not bad. Obviously it was shipped out immediately.

Quality - it has all the goodies to make a good shave. Tallow, kaolin clay, etc. It says paraben free, and frankly I don't care too much about that but you may. It's good stuff as far as I can tell. Dammit Jim - I'm an electronics engineer, not a chemist! :lol: (sorry - I'm an old trekker).

This is the pace also to talk about consistency. This stuff is called a soap cream which is a little confusing. It's a VERY stiff cream, and I found it best to start lathering off the top of it, much like Castle Forbes. It's not quite soap consistency, but given the stiffness and small amount needed, this cream will last a while.

Scent - is odd. When I opened it (as soon as I saw that box it was open and the container under my nose!) the lime scent just blew me away. Nice! However it changes dramatically when you lather and a chemical scent is noticeable.

Edit - I have been in contact with the maker of this cream. He contacted me about 30 seconds after the review went up. We are discussing the scent thing, and it's only fair to make this clear - I am EXTREMELY sensitive to scent. I get migraines and scent is a trigger. This scent does not trigger them but years of training have made me acutely aware of unusual odors. Many people tell me they cannot even smell something that drives me nuts. So in all probability whatever this is will be a total non-issue for anyone but me :lol:

Latherability - BAM! lots o' lather with no effort at all. For the record I was using a Shavemac 177 in silvertip. Yes, I love it, thanks. The lather from just a few swirls off the top of the cream was enough for 3 passes and a lot dumped down the drain.

Efficacy - nice! I was using the new Merkur plastic fantastic (also reviewing that today) with a Feather blade. Great shave from this stuff.

Mositurizing - not so much. My face feels tight after. Which is OK for me.

Packaging - a white plastic tub. For $7.50 you're not getting an overpriced wooden bowl. Live with it :001_smile

Overall the cream is worth every penny. It gives a great shave with little effort, costs very little and comes from one of our own. Give it a try!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)