What's new

QEDman Skin Basics After Shave Conditioner Lavender EO

An excellent quality product, inexpensive and packaged nicely. It does not appear to contain any artificial ingredients - a plus IMO. Many of the high end balms (Harris, Karit) are based on liquid paraffin - basically vaseline. This one is not is uses vegetable oils. The balm soothes light razor burn or roughness and moisturizes well. Quick absorption, minimal scent and no greasiness. Well worth trying this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This review is for the Texas Cedarwood version.

This may be the most economical ASB/conditioner I've used. I actually need much, much less of this than I do with others. Dime sized amount is too much! It's quite thick and I only need as much as a pinky nail sized amount mixed in with a bit of water or witch hazel to spread it out.

Quality is QED. I don't need to say anything else. I know some others are somewhat underwhelmed but this is not the case with me.

Scent is obviously accurate as it uses pure EO. I do recommend using other products that may compliment the scent however, as it tends to be a tad strong (not a bad thing) and lingers for a short while.

Contrary to what some others have noted, I have found this product to be VERY moisturizing. So moisturizing to the point that I have to be very careful how much I use. Too much makes my face slick and greasy feeling. However, with a careful hand it provides just enough moisture.

This stuff is dual-purpose, that may be the best thing about it. Not only is it a very efficient aftershave balm but it works wonderfully as a moisturizer as well. I love the way this stuff makes my skin feel when I use just the right amount. The more you use it, the better your skin looks and feels.

Very, very nice product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I recently purchased this item, and surprinsngly found that the scent was very present (maybe Charles has added more EO as of recently?)

I've never seen an A/S blam leave less residue. This stuff is immedeately absorbed. Great quality product from a high quality vendor!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
First let me say that Charles at qed is a pleasure to deal with and makes some excellent shaving soaps, i have the bergamot, anise and lavender, and fresh lime, and i am quite pleased with all of them and was hoping to be equally pleased with his after shave skin conditioners of which i have the rose geranium, fresh lime and cypress. Now for some reason I find the rose geranium and cypress to be drying on my skin, and I realize that it may be due to the essential oils in these two, as I do not have a problem with the fresh lime, which by the way has a different consistency than the other two. By the way I also have three of his hydrosols peppermint, lemon verbena, and rose geranium which are all fine products, please let me know if anyone else has had a similar experience with the after skin conditioners. In closing let me say that Charles makes some fine products and I realize that everyone has different skin that may have sensitivities to various products.
I have been using the unscented version for about 6 weeks and it has quickly become one of my favourite skin-care products. I say skin-care, because I have taken to using it after shaving and in the evening as a light moisturizer. I agree with Goosemeplease that consistent use of this product has had a beneficial effect on my skin beyond simply soothing my skin post shave.

I haven't found a better product at the price and if you're looking for a quality ASB or all-purpose light moisturizer, this is definitely something you should consider. The ASC provides enough moisture that many people won't need anything more, except during the winter. However, this is a product that can likely be used by people with oily skin as well, as it moisurizes without leaving any feeling of greasiness and I don't get a feeling of having anything at all on my skin - it just feels better.

I have used a dedicated moistuizer over the ASC with no problems. If I want a little extra moisturizing effect from my ASC, I'll put on a second layer or (as suggested by Charles) will not rub the ASC completely in and allow it to gradually soak into my skin (which works well with other types of products as well - you get an even greater cooling effect from Baxters if you leave a little extra on your skin and allow it to absorb in).

As for the packaging, I really don't care so long as it works and the clear plastic with disc top does. I appreciate the fact that Charles uses minimalist packaging, which keeps the price down and lowers shipping weight.

The only time I've gotten any reaction to this product is a very light sting when I've beat up my face - but this is something I would get from just about any product in the same situation.

I have used many ASBs and this is a product that quickly joined my regular rotation and is on the very short list of products I recomend to others.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I find this quite underwhelming, which is unusal for QED products. It is extremely quickly absorbed, and leaves absolutely no greasiness. However, I don't find it moisturizing at all, and I need a separate moisturizer with it. It is also only moderately effective at reducing irritation. An OK product, but one that doesn't excite me that much.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
QEDMan Skin Basics
After Shave Conditioner Lavender EO

displayimage.php

The QEDMan After shave conditioner is a translucent white balm thicker than a milk but thinner than a cream. The product comes packaged in a clear 2 ounce 60/ml plastic squeeze bottle with a black plastic disc top.

Price
6.50 US for 2 fluid ounces/ 60 ml

Quality
The product seems well made of high quality ingredients; a small critique is the plastic squeeze bottle, while keeping costs down this product deserves a higher end presentation than is afforded at present.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Fights razor burn
I have been fooling with a new feather straight while testing this product while not suffering true Razor burn, just minor scruffs and poor angle scrapes- I have to say that the After Shave Conditioner calms and sooths my face very effectively.

Cooling Sensation
This product is not mentholated

Scent
None to speak of has a fresh green scent in the container with a hint of the lavender EO, it dissipates quickly. From a practical standpoint it is unscented.

Efficacy
The After shave Conditioner has quickly become one of my favorites in my shave den! Goes on easily absorbs quickly calms minor irritation and razor scrapes and leaves my skin feeling soothed and supple. A small amount goes a long way. I feel that this is a product that has a cumulative effect; my skin feels better after a week of use rather than a band aid type of treatment.

Moisturizing
This is for me the most important aspect of this fine product –and its strongest attribute as well.
I first began to use the After Shave conditioner it was absorbed so quickly that I could not believe that it was going to moisturize and protect my skin for the entire day. I also began to see an over all improvement in the condition of my skin; it was not as dry and was not feeling tight after a full day out side. I have used a few products that have a cost of ten times the price and were less effective. This product has been compatible with DiVinci water and other plant hydrosols.

alcohol burn
None

Below is the white sheet that accompanies the product from QEDman

QEDman After Shave Skin Conditioner (Unscented) for the American gentleman
Is it a balm or a moisturizer or a lit t le bit of both?
The purpose of a balm is to soothe irritated skin, the purpose of a moisturizer is to hydrate skin.
I get calls all the time from chaps who ask, "What product do you recommend to soothe skin that has been irritated
by shaving?" Quite frankly, if your skin feels irritated after shaving you should be addressing the cause of the
Irritation, and not seeking a quick remedy in a bottle or jar. Could it be you haven't changed the razor s blade in a
month or that you re using a poor quality blade? Is the setting on your adjustable razor too high? Are you using
bad technique for your razor type? I s there something in the ingredients of whatever you use to prep your beard,
or in your lubricant (shaving cream/soap) that s causing the irritation? Do you have a skin condition that requires
diagnosis and treatment by a dermatologist?
In my opinion, there are not many balms formulated to actually soothe - some even
aggravate. I am suspect of those that are part of a scent range (are they scents or
balms), as well as those that simply numb (are they good for the skin).
As for moisturizers, the majority don't penetrate the skin completely and some don't
penetrate at all. Such products do nothing more than clog pores and leave a greasy
film on the surface where airborne impurities can set t le. Some moisturizers even
contain ingredients that can irritate certain skin types.
QEDman After Shave Skin Conditioner is packed with moisture to hydrate your skin,
rather than layering lots of heavy oils and emollients on its surface. The Olive Leaf
extract and Hydrolyzed Oat Protein provide a silky feel, a smooth spread and quick
absorption. Skin is visibly less dry almost immediately. Despite quick absorption, it
leaves no sticky, powdery or oily after- feel on the skin. Soothing botanicals and
Marshmallow Root help to calm irritation, thus assisting the body as it breaks the cycle
between irritation and dryness. This is an unscented product, meaning no single
ingredient has been added with the sole purpose of providing scent . The ever-so-slight
hint of spice derives from Rosemary Oleoresin (a natural antioxidant ) which, along with
Grapefruit Seed Extract (a natural antiseptic) , is the formula s natural preservative.
Regardless, a product of this type should be used in a reasonable period of
time. A
dollop does the neck and face; if you feel you need more, add it. A little bit goes a long way.
Handmade in the U.S. in small batches, so quantity limited. NOTE: just released, After Shave Skin
Condition with Lavender Essential Oil and After Shave Skin Condition with Lime Essential Oil.
Unscented, Lavender or Lime 2oz bottle $6.50

Charles also provided me with this information:

Lavender essential oil is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Lime essential oil is astringent and antiseptic.

To comment on this review please go to the discussion thread HERE
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn