What's new

QEDman Pine & Cedarwood Essential Oil Shave Soap

First Impressions –The tub and the shave stick are both well packaged for shipping when they arrive with a lot of bubble warp. The soap is packaged in a heavy plastic tub and the shave stick has a sturdy tube with a screw top that makes a tight seal when closed. I like that fact that the shave stick use’s a twist bottom to raise the soap instead of a push type tube system.

Price – The tub (5oz) is currently selling for $13.50 and the shave stick (2oz) is $9.95.

Quality – This is as fine a product as you will find. I have never been disappointed with the performance of any QED products I have purchased from Charles. It is his unrelenting commitment to the highest quality that brings me back time and time again and this soap is just another example of that commitment. I prefer tallow based soaps but as a glycerin soap it has no peers.

Scent – This is one of my favorite scents form Charles. Having grown up in north Louisiana I find the scent to trigger a lot of memories of home. The whole pine thickets around the house, and cypress trees on the lake feeling, make it a scent I refuse to be with out. I travel a lot and it’s the only shave stick I take on the road. As most road warriors know the road is a lonely place and this always reminds me of my home and family.

Lather - Lather is outstanding. I put a teaspoon or so of hot water on the soap while my brush soaks then begin the lathering process. I can load my brush in 10 to 12 swirls. It loads heavy enough for me to face lather a complete three-pass shave. As I use a shave stick when traveling I can still load my travel brush, from my face, so I can complete a three pass shave with no problem.

Efficacy – I rate efficacy as a value of slickness and smoothness, which allows the blade to glide across my skin. It performs well in this category. Good cushion and great slickness.

Moisturizing – In this category I would rate it above average. I rinse my face after each pass, before I re-lather, and my face has never felt dry. If anything it seems to get better at moisturizing with each pass.

I would recommend any of the soaps Charles makes. If you have an affinity for the pine scents this is a must have. A shave with Pine & Cedarwood followed with Polo green aftershave and cologne will put you in the zone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I got a tub of this soap from a fellow B&B member and got a chance to take it for a drive this morning. All I can say is that I'm tremendously impressed with the quality of this soap. It is my first QED product experience, but I doubt it will be my last.

The price is just right, as the tubs are a nice size and seem like they will last quite a while. Quality, as stated earlier, is not an issue...this is a top-notch product.

As for the lather, I have no complaints at all. A few swirls on the soap and I had PLENTY of lather for several passes. It is nice and slick and extremely moisturizing.

The ONLY beef I have with this soap (and the only reason I won't use it again) is the scent. It isn't necessarily bad, it just isn't for me. It reminded me of the time I helped my grandfather cut down a pine tree in his back yard. I smelled like pine sap for a couple of days. If you like pine, you will love this soap. If you don't, pick another scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Yep, I know it's the stock photo of QED Sandalwood.

I just had to share my experience with the latest (possibly greatest?) acquisition from Charles. I was a bit weary after hearing many complain of skin irritations, but I decided if I didn't like it I could just pawn it off. I don't believe I'll be doing that!

Price is simply put - worth it. $12.00 is certainly not a bad asking price for such a great shaver.

Quality? What can I say? This stuff produces lather that is as good or better than QED Sandalwood or Tabac! Dense, rich, slick, shiny lather is easily achieved with the right technique. One thing I noticed is that as the lather sits, it gets a little drier than others a little more quickly. This is not a problem, a few drops of hot water brings her right back to life.

Byfar the most amazing thing about this soap is the scent. Smells like a fir tree, or good pot :lol:. On a more serious note, it is wonderfully piney and woodsy. I can't figure out which is more dominant, but it's a marvelous blend! This stuff could be used as an (extremely expensive) air freshener, the scent just fills the bathroom. Great, great stuff and the scent lasts on the skin.

Lather is outta this world. I've already mentioned this :biggrin:. Edit: One thing I've noticed is that the lather readily clumps together after swirling. I believe I've come to realize the cause of this...the absolutely incredible amounts of lather in the brush. Wow. My little C&E Best feels heavy as a freakin' brick when it's inundated with this stuff. I'll add a little water to the breech of the brush and she's recharged and ready to go, EXPLODING with lather!

As far as efficacy is concerned, not much more can be said. This soaps performs damn near perfectly. The lather is very slick and very close-cutting! Just great stuff!

This soap is not drying, but leaves my skin feeling nice. It is however not overly moisturizing, either.

If you haven't given it a try yet, I can't recommend this one enough for you woods lovers!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)