What's new

QEDMan da Vinci Water Hydrosol

QED's signature da Vinci water combines the hydrosols of both rose and lavender to form a soothing, moisturizing tonic to use after shaving though I wouldn't advise letting it stand on its own. I always finish with a thicker balm. Da Vinci Water is a mild, "old fashioned" product that is good but does not include beneficial added ingredients like witch hazel found in other similar toners. It is quite refreshing to spritz your face with, but I am unsure I'll buy another bottle once my bottle runs out--I may stick with Thayer's, Em's Place, etc.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Couldn't live without it; not sure what moisturizing means when it comes to hydrosols, so I scored it a 10 when I mean N/A.

It's always in the fridge; amazing in the summer.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Its just so-so. As far as hydrosols go it is an okay product but I feel some store products are a better face spray.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
I have been using this now for a couple of weeks. It is quite lovely. After the cold water rinse, I spray 3 or 4 shots straight on my face. I rub it in with my palms and call it a day. Wonderful feeling.

The smell to me is quite like ginger. It is quite refreshing.

Jonathan
This is my first hydrosol. I bought the 16 oz. and it totalled $23.00 shipped. I don't recommend this product. A little does not go a long way. It goes quickly. The water doesn't seem to be too special. It's seems like somebody spritzing you at 5 star hotel. Does it feel nice? Yes. Is it out of this world? No. Would you pay $23 for a spritze? That's up to you, because that's all Da Vinci Water is. I don't like negative reviews without my suggested alternative so a better toner/product/value is Thayers Witch Hazel.

Not that is matters much, but Charles never gave me a free sample of anything like others have mentioned he will do.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
As hydrosols go, this is a good one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
I go through lots of this stuff. Interestingly, I find it smells like neither rose nor lavender - more a cinnamony kind of thing. I use it after a shave, and also in the evening after washing my face and before moisturizing. Also great as a pick-me-up. Truly an indidpensible item in the shave locker. It is not particularly moisturizing, though.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
If you read the SOTDs with any regularity, you'll notice one common recurrrence: Hydrosols.

Right to the skinny, what are hydrosols? Hydrosols are the water produced during the steam or hydro-distillation process of a plant. They contain all the therapeutic goodies of the plant in a light, water form. For this reason, certain hydrosols can moisturize, cleanse, tone, and rebalance skin. Not to mention, the aroma is very therapeutic and refreshing.

What is da Vinci water? da Vinci water is a 50/50 blend of rose and lavender hydrosols. On their own, each hydrosol is moisturizing, and smells really good. But, put together, you get a hybrid hydrosol that is knockdown fantastic. da Vinci can be used as an aftershave toner, poured on a cotton pad to wipe off the residue left on your face, or you could spray it on after a shave, but I put this review in the Skin Care section because it's so much more than that.

Any time you're feeling tired, or down, you can spritz this stuff on for a great, refreshing boost. The best part is, you can't over do a hydrosol. Every time your skin feels a little droopy, BAM, give it a spritz. The refreshing feeling and the pure, natural scent cannot be beat. The best part is, this isn't a cologne. You can spray it all day long, and the light scent will fade away in a short amount of time. It is purely meant for your enjoyment, and no one elses. da Vinci Water is something I strongly feel everyone should try at least once. :thumbup1:

displayimage.php

-Nick
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)