What's new

QED Wild Orange

Introduction: QED is known for the amount of essentials oils (EOs) that are present in their soaps. QED is also known as one of the best glycerin soaps out there. Judging by my previous uses of QED, I would agree. Let's see if QED Wild Orange is the same.

Price: This soap costs $13.50 for a 5 oz. tub. That's a lot of soap, but a lot of money too. Orange EO comes in just under $10 for an 11 mL bottle. If Charles were to use 5 mL of orange EO per tub of shaving soap, I might understand the price, but let's get real, no way does he use that much. $13.50 is a rip off for this glycerin soap.

Lather: I got the same amazing QED lather that I have gotten in the past. I really enjoy the lather QED soaps provide.

Scent: The scent is where QED Wild Orange shines. The scent smells exactly like orange, maybe even more like an orange Popsicle. The scent is still strong once lathered and continues to smell during the shave. I love it.

Shave: I got BBS on three passes with a touch up with my newly-purchased Mergress.

Moisturizing properties: My face feels moist and healthy.

Packaging: It comes in a white tub with a label on top. It's nothing fancy, but it'll do.

Final thoughts: I really enjoyed this soap, despite the ridiculous price. Would I ever purchase this soap again? Maybe.

Where to purchase: This soap can only be purchased at QEDUSA.com. For $13.50 you get a 5 oz. tub.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Another winner from Charles. Out of all the glycerin soaps I've tried, QED continues to hold the top spot.

Loving the scent of this stuff. Everyone has their own interpretation, but to me it smells of fresh orange rinds. Bright, fresh and authentic. She'll wake you up for sure.

There is some difference between QED soaps in regards to lathering capability. NONE lather bad at all, and most really excel. This one certainly doesn't disappoint.

As with other QED soaps, the Wild Orange produces a slick lather that is comforting but very close-cutting at the same time. The scent comes out magnificently in the lather.

The soap is not overly moisturizing, nor is it drying. I find it just fine for my oily skin.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
great scent and soap, but to me (and Charles pointed this out to me when I questioned him before ordering) while it does have an orange note to it, it also has a stronger grapefruit note. Very nice, either way, but I can't agree with the orange juice/fresh cut orange comment above. Yes, it is nice and fresh, but it's more grapefruit than orange to me. In any case, another QED winner.
If you have tried any of the other soaps from QED, this one will not disappoint. It is the same quality you have come to expect from this line of products. Without further ado, here is my breakdown:

Price - yeah, it costs a bit more than other glycerin soaps, but you get a lot. This is a big tub, and the lather jumps out so quickly that I can see this lasting longer than most glycerin soaps, so it is well worth the investment, plus it comes with a tub, which most glycerin soaps don't.

Quality - the best. Really, if you haven't tried a QED soap, you are missing out. Charles uses so much essential oil in these things that the smell knocks you out. And the lather is top notch.

Scent - it smells like fresh oranges. Not a fake smell. Not an over the top smell. It just smells like oranges. Like you have just cut open a nice ripe orange and you hold it up to your nose. If that is what you want, this is for you.

Lather - Honestly, this soap gives as good of a lather as I get with some of my favorite triple milled soaps. It is slick, cushiony, and very creamy.

Efficacy - QED soaps always give me a great shave.

Moisturizing - great, as far as I can tell. I always follow up with an aftershave balm, so I couldn't really say if the soap alone would leave my face moisturized, but it doesn't feel dried out between passes.

You know how they have the orange juice commercials where they sell it as so fresh that it comes directly from the orchard into your hand at the grocery store? This soap is like that. It is almost as if someone squeezes some fresh O.J. into your lather just before you swipe it onto your face. Wonderful stuff, but what else would you expect?
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)