What's new

QED Sandalwood

Nothing to really complain about. Amazing thick and easy to make lather even with the extremely hard water I have. Smell is out of this world. True sandalwood. I shave in the morning and every so often I would get a whiff of the sandalwood. At night my wife tels me she can still smell the soap on my face. I have no need to use any A/S balm only A/S. The $17.00 price tag for a 5oz tub is really not that much considering that the tub will last you a very long time. Charles doesn't skim on the EO's either. On top of that have you any idea what the prices are lately for quality sandalwood oil? Just google sandalwood EO and you'll see what I mean.
If you love the smell of sandalwood and would like to own one quality soap? Don't look any further! Do yourself a favor and order one. For me this soap get a 10 all over the board. Period.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I have been using this soap off and on for the last 4 months. I love the scent, but the performance of this soap is just good. I seem to get more nicks using this soap than any other. I also find it difficult to get a good lasting lather. WHen I use a hot water kettle I seem to get great results, but water from the tap never seems to work well, I get one pass and have to add more soap to the brush for additional passes. The price is alittle high, it seems that you have to use alot of soap for one shave and looks like the soap won't last too long. Even though I have used it for 4 months I don't shave with it every week more like 2 a month and I am about 1/4 the way trough the tub. I just have a difficult time shaving with this soap, probably just me and my methods. I still think it is a good soap, just doesn't work too well for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I guess I'm the only one, but I find this scent to be extremely weak. I love sandalwood, and really wanted to love this product, but it's just "eh" in my book. The lather is also a bit on the thin side, and doesn't offer as much protection as I'd like.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
This soap is the best performing of all of my QED soaps. I'm not sure why there is any difference, but there is. It has an extremely strong, dry, woody sandalwood scent unlike the more floral sandalwood scents in other soaps and creams. This soap is not a no-brainer when it comes to performance. It takes some practice, at least for me, to get a proper pather with QED soaps, but when you "get it" the lather is world class.

If my skin is dry and already irritated, I avoid this scent. It compands the irritation due to the high EO content. For me, this is a treat that I have to be in the mood for and not a goto soap. For anyone that likes sandalwood, QED Essentials Sandalwood Shaving Soap is a must have in my book. A modern day classic is you will.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Perhaps one of the best "true" sandalwood scented products on the market.

The woody, dry sandalwood scent is just right for me in terms of strength and dissipates quickly after shaving so that it doesn't interfere with other scents - it does layer great with Tabac or other sandalwood products.

As for the quality of the soap, it works just like QED's other products, which means you're getting a high end glycerine soap in a very good container (either tub or stick).

I you are a sandalwood fan, this should be on your must try list.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
A great sandalwood offering. Great scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I am not sure if this Sandalwood scent can ever be topped. As soon as you open the jar it simply bursts out. Even hours after the shave is finished I can smell a trail of Sandalwood.

It lathers easily and produces a slick shave. It may be a little much for overly sensitive skin though.

If you like Sandalwood, this is the one for you.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
P1010068.JPG

Gents,
Without hesitation, I can/will say this is the BEST scent I have ever had the pleasure of sticking my honker in! I have never been that much of a sandalwood fan, but again - this is the BEST scent from any cologne, cream, soap, you name it - I have ever smelled... not only does it smell simply fabulous, but its scent lingers on your skin all day. This is a MUST try for all you chaps!
Top Bottom