What's new

QED Fresh Lime

Pros: Smells great, lathers great
Cons: Runs out too fast :(
I really enjoyed this soap. The lime scent is very strong and pleasant. The maker was generous with the lime oil. The lather is cushiony and lubricates well.

I was able to whip up a thick, rich lather in just a few strokes of the brush. I think this is due to it being glycerin soap so it loads on the brush faster. The downside of this is that I seem to go through it faster than harder soaps. I have just a little ring of soap around the bottom corner left that I'm saving for a special occasion. :)

I wish it was cheaper and could be had at other places so I don't have to pay shipping for one puck of soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Totally amazing scent, like being beaten about the face with a bag of lime zest. But in a good way. One of the most recommended lime scents out there, and beats tar out of GFT and others on price.

The shave is fairly good, too. Not great compared to standards like Tabac, but certainly passable. It is a little bit hard to find the sweet spot for this soap in terms of water content; it goes from under- to over-hydrated very very quickly with not too much room for error. That said, if you CAN hit the sweet spot the shave is great. I usually have a bit of trouble, though, and while some folks would jump down my throat insisting that that's not the product's fault, I don't get why a product that is harder to get right than other alternatives should be considered equally good.

For those who are new to glycerin soaps (I'm just starting to figure them out myself): You need lots and lots of product. More than you think you need. 30 seconds of fast swirling is the minimum, I'd say; I usually go for a minute. Don't worry, you get a big tub of the soap and it lasts quite a while.

NOTE: If you have particularly sensitive skin, I'd steer clear of this one. I have moderately sensitive skin, and sometimes I get very slight irritation from QED Lime. If you are allergic to lime oil this will light you up like a christmas tree.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Introduction: QED Fresh Lime seems to be one of the most favored scents created by QED. If you e-mail Charles and ask him to recommend a soap, he will say either QED Lavender or QED Lime. It must be good if he recommends it. Let's see.

Price: $13.50 is a total rip off for this soap. Lime essential oil is inexpensive (for an essential oil) and the cost of making soap is not a lot either. I cannot believe Charles charges $13.50 for this soap.

Lather: Like every other QED soap, this one lathers perfectly. I have no complaints here.

Scent: Amazing! QED Fresh Lime smells exactly like a fresh lime that has been cut open. What is even better is that the scent is much better once lathered up. Once I started to apply the lather to my face, I thought of Mexico and the delicious food served there.

Shave: I got BBS in three passes with little irritation. Overall, a great shave.

Moisturizing properties: My face feels moist and healthy.

Packaging: Nothing special here but good enough.

Final thoughts: My only complaint about this soap is the price. Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about QED Fresh Lime. Once the soap runs out, I'll probably purchase it again, unless the price is raised. I agree with Charles that QED Lavender and QED Fresh Lime are the top two QED scents.

Where to purchase: The only place to purchase QED Fresh Lime is at QEDUSA.com. For $13.50 you get 5 oz. of shaving soap.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
hay were can i find some of this stuff
this soap is absolutely amazing. that sounds trite, but in this case, the statement truly applies. the first thing is the smell of this soap (and other qed soaps). everytime i've left one of the soaps open for a little while (after a shave or to let it dry a tiny bit), i've gotten comments that my room smells like a men's spa. the scent is some serious lime with this one. really really fresh, and very present.
the lather with this soap is really very very good, but either i haven't totally got the technique down for this soap, or the lather is bound to end up a little less dense than i would like. i like the ultra dense lather that i can get from my art of shaving cream and my taylors avocado more, but the scent of this soap makes up for what it lacks in density.
the shave also makes up for the "lack" of density. i get very smooth shaves, i almost don't feel my blade on my skin, but the hairs still get cut.
and for all of that quality, i have to say that the price is really wonderful. i don't know how you could complain about giving twelve bucks for a great soap that comes in a ready to use container.
about the moisturizing, i don't really believe that any soaps or creams are particularly good at that. that may be just for me because i have very dry skin. i rely on an ASB for the moisturizing (the qedman after shave balm actually)...
overall, i give this soap two thumbs way up.
What more can be said for QED's product? They are affordable, Charles provides outstanding service, the scents are unreal (wish he would make another batch of the Rose that Joel reviewed:wink:) Lather leaps out of the bowl and the shave is second to none. A mainstay in the rotation.
The QED soaps are outstanding, but the Lime is something special. The scent is 10++ it has a Lime-alicious aroma. The soap lathers easily and creates an abundance of slick, lubricating lather. I always get top notch shaves with this soap, and look forward to using it at least once a week.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Hmm where to begin...this is one of those products that when you use, you immediately know you will always need some in your arsenal....because I have not yet used many other soaps, I could not justify giving this scores of 10 for categories other than "Scent", which I made an exception.

Price: Although the price is relatively cheap compared to some of the more commercial brands, I feel like the price is just right or slightly overpriced.

Quality: Top quality...not much else to say here, as with other QED products they are handmade in the USA.

Scent: If you really like the scent of a fresh sliced lime, you will love the smell of this soap. Because this soap is made with Lime essential oil it smells pretty much like lime peel, which is a good thing. The scent when mixing is relatively strong but not overpowering.

Lather: As has been said in other reviews, this soap sets the bar for other brands...making lather with this soap is the quickest I have seen and the quality of the lather is superb.

Efficacy: Works just as it is intended; provides a nice cushion for the blades and keeps the beard moisturized. I will say that I did encounter very slight sensitivity in my mustache area which I assume is from the lime EO...regardless of this, the first time I used this soap I had my best shave ever.

Moisturizing: Makes thick moisture-rich lather....

Do yourself a favor and try out one of these soaps...if lime isn't your thing try another scent because this really is top of the line soap.

attachment.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing