What's new

QED Casablanca Shave Stick

Item Description

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

This review concerns the Casablanca shave stick by QED Essentials.

Gentlemen, I have had the pleasure of using QED products for number of years now. They have always given performance and user experience all out of proportion to cost. This Casablanca shave stick only heightens and reinforces that opinion. This stick is part of what Charles calls his "American Experience Collection". I was first introduced to it as a bath soap from that line.

Lets start with the scent. Bergamot, Frankincense, and Clary Sage. Which one predominates? It is the Frankincense. No, its the Bergamot. I don't know which one! I could care less. This scent is so good it is almost impossible to describe. It is heady yet stays close to your skin. It exudes a powerful presence yet is somehow understated and sophisticated. It is so classy. Anyone could wear this but I get the image of man in his thirties or early forties. This description should in no way conjure images of an "old man" scent. It gives me the same sense as Floris 89; sophistication.

Lathering. As good as most of the QED sticks and better that some. The Mocha Java is my benchmark for lather and skin conditioning in the QED line. This one comes very close to it. I used my new Savile Row 3824 with it and results were spectacular.

I will not go into more detail about the QED sticks because they are well known and basic lathering properties are also well known. I am simply awe struck by this scent. It is to my notions a throwback type of scent. Before all this gawdawful water/fresh/shampoo type of scent took over the marketplace. You will never have a "this smells like... insert whatever scent you want to" moment. Would to God that QED would produce this scent in an aftershave splash and edt.

Those of use fortunate enough to know how good QED products are should not miss out on this soap. It is available in both bath soap and shave stick form. As I mentioned, I was introduced to it in bath soap form and aggravated Charles at QED so much he made a shave version of it. I am honoured (and told him so) to think that I motivated him to make this stick. Here's looking at you kid.

Regards, Todd

Discussion Thread Here

Latest reviews

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

This review concerns the Casablanca shave stick by QED Essentials.

Gentlemen, I have had the pleasure of using QED products for number of years now. They have always given performance and user experience all out of proportion to cost. This Casablanca shave stick only heightens and reinforces that opinion. This stick is part of what Charles calls his "American Experience Collection". I was first introduced to it as a bath soap from that line.

Lets start with the scent. Bergamot, Frankincense, and Clary Sage. Which one predominates? It is the Frankincense. No, its the Bergamot. I don't know which one! I could care less. This scent is so good it is almost impossible to describe. It is heady yet stays close to your skin. It exudes a powerful presence yet is somehow understated and sophisticated. It is so classy. Anyone could wear this but I get the image of man in his thirties or early forties. This description should in no way conjure images of an "old man" scent. It gives me the same sense as Floris 89; sophistication.

Lathering. As good as most of the QED sticks and better that some. The Mocha Java is my benchmark for lather and skin conditioning in the QED line. This one comes very close to it. I used my new Savile Row 3824 with it and results were spectacular.

I will not go into more detail about the QED sticks because they are well known and basic lathering properties are also well known. I am simply awe struck by this scent. It is to my notions a throwback type of scent. Before all this gawdawful water/fresh/shampoo type of scent took over the marketplace. You will never have a "this smells like... insert whatever scent you want to" moment. Would to God that QED would produce this scent in an aftershave splash and edt.

Those of use fortunate enough to know how good QED products are should not miss out on this soap. It is available in both bath soap and shave stick form. As I mentioned, I was introduced to it in bath soap form and aggravated Charles at QED so much he made a shave version of it. I am honoured (and told him so) to think that I motivated him to make this stick. Here's looking at you kid.

Regards, Todd

Discussion Thread Here
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)