What's new

QED Badger & Blade

Introduction: I'm sorry to admit this, but I am not expecting a lot from this soap. I have tried a few glycerin soaps and have been unable to create any type of lather. On the other hand, QED is supposed to be one of the best glycerin soaps, so I might, and hope that, I am wrong. Let's see.

Lather: Ok, I'll admit it: I was DEAD WRONG. I soaked the tub in water for ten seconds and then went to town. I produced just as much lather from QED Badger & Blade as I did with the D.R. Harris soaps that I previously owned. I am sorry I ever doubted you QED.

Scent: Holy cow! Before AND after lathering the soap it was intense. I prefer intensely scented creams and soaps, so this is right up my alley. The scent of the lather was so strong that I thought I accidentally left the tub open (I did not). QED Badger & Blade smells woodsy, or is supposed to. I got no whiff of wood at all. That, in my opinion, is not a bad thing. In fact, I don't care. QED Badger & Blade smells great. If you stick your nose right up to the puck, you might pick up a whiff of pine. Overall, the scent is AMAZING (yes, that needs to be capitalized and underlined).

Time: I spend ten seconds lathering. QED Badger and Blade's efficacy rivals that of the $62 Acqua di Parma, gasp.

Shave: I usually settle for DFS. This time I got very close to BBS. I received little irritation.

Packaging: It comes in a white tub. Nothing special, but good enough. Meh, I don't care. I'm only an 18-year-old kid. I don't need lavish packaging.

Final thoughts: This is a great soap. I truly feel like a jack*** for ever doubting glycerin soaps. If you love tallow soaps, please give QED A try. If you like top of the line efficacy, a strong scent, and a rich lather, this is for you.

Where to purchase: The only place to purchase this is at QEDUSA.com. It costs $17. This may be a bit pricey for a glycerin soap, but you pay for the essential oils. Charles LOADS his soaps with them and this is no exception. I look forward to my other QED soaps.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)