What's new

QCS Vetiver

Price:(prior to price increase)
Picked it up prior to QCS' price increase for $12 IIRC. It was right where it needed to be for an artisan product.

Quality:
Ingredient lists is short and sweet.

Scent:
Fugagetabout it. Hands down the best vetiver scent I've ran across and I've smelled a lot. I'd compare it to the original Carven Vetiver scent. QCS really nailed it. Out of the tub it smells very grassy and rooty and after it is worked up it blossoms to a even deeper scent of actual vetiver plant which I like to compare to a wet forest.

Latherability:
It lathered quite nicely. I like a watery lather and it held up pretty good but it needed a good amount of loading onto the brush. I get a 3 pass shave with one load.

Efficiency:
As with most artisan soft soaps I would say it is probably the softest I ran across. Luckily the tub if filled to the brim because it runs down pretty quick.

Moisturizing Properties:
No special ingredients like aloe, lanolin, shea or the likes. QCS is just filled with good 'ol tallow and it does a fine job.

Packaging:
I could usually care less about packaging but what I really didn't like was the label. It bleeds which didn't make the tub a counter display so I had to tuck it away with some of drawer products.

Impressed with the soap itself but the scent is magnificent!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
QCS just came out with some vetiver shaving "croap" and being a vetiver fan I decided to try it out.

Price - $14 plus shipping for I think 4-5oz of cream is a tad on the pricier side of things, but this is an artisan product.

Quality - Probably the best artisan product I've had the pleasure of using

Scent - True to its roots vetiver. You must love vetiver to try this stuff as it uses pure vetiver EO

Latherability - QCS creams are similar in texture to cella and lather just as well once you get the water ratio down.

Efficacy - Lather produced has plenty of cushion and slickness. Great product

Moisturizing - Haven't noticed anything one way or another in excess moisturizing.

Packaging - Simple plastic tub with a sticker label. Nothing fancy about it.

Overall - If you are a fan of vetiver and haven't tried QCS creams, then this is a must for you. As an artisan product it is one of the best and uses tallow too!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)