What's new

QCS Briar

Pros: lather, scent, protection
Cons: its limited
So, when I received this package from Matt I had the following shave creams that I have yet to try : Briar, Esquire, and Green Irish Tweed. I gave this to my 3 year old and asked her what it smelled like.... "cherry" she said immediately. I was a little upset because I thought it smelled very very similar to P 160. Once lathered and on your face though it has a very nice strong pipe tobacco smell that you will NOT get from just smelling it out of the container. Another fantastic scent with great protection. I really enjoyed Briar and highly recommend getting some while you can! For some reason my favorite soaps from QCS are limited which stinks because I would surely buy this and iced key lime all year round.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: $12.00 + SH for 5oz is a great price considering the jar is filled to the brim and its dense so it should last a long time.

Quality: I think this will hang with anything out there.

Scent: Taken from the website: "This is an aromatic pipe tobacco scent. A strong base note of tobacco is rounded out with hints of vanilla and blended with blasts of cherry to ensure a scent that is reminiscent of the pipe your grandfather used to smoke". When I opened the jar i was hit with an intense rush of candied cherries. Upon lathering I smelled the faint scent of tobacco and vanilla. Cherry is the dominant note.

Latherability: If you use a scuttle, Id recommend putting a snurdle in it and let the warmth soften it up a bit while you shower. If you bowl lather do the same thing but fill your sink with some warm water and float the bowl in there to soften it up. It will make whipping up the lather a bit easier IMO. Face lathers you're own your own.

Efficacy: The lather is nice and thick. The razor just glided through it with no problems.

Moisturizing: N/A since I have oily skin.

Packaging: Looks good to me. Whats inside is what counts.

I gotta say Im always skeptical to try new things from local artisans. My track record isnt so good. Usually the problems I have had have been the same..I get a slight burning sensation from too much fragrance oil used. I know a lot of you guys like the scent to stay with you for a while. I do too but I usually pay a price for it. Well this cream is heavily scented and knock on wood no burn. Its nice to support the local guys to and QCS is in my home state of NC. Would I buy again..yes. This stuff smells so darn good. I think this soap will find its way into a lot of people's homes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)