What's new

Pussers West Indian Lime Splash

I still have not found that perfect lime aftershave. But I keep running into really good ones!

There are as many takes on lime as there are makers. Castle Forbes for instance, and Wesley and Scott goes for the pure lime scent that we are all so familiar with. Frankly that is my preferred lime. But those aren't splashes. Then there are the spiced limes and west indian limes, which seem to be a more bitter scent. There are limes like my current favorite lime splash, Trumpers, which is more a citrus than a pure lime.

Pussers is a West Indian lime, which puts it into the more bitter scent camp. You are getting more of a rind than fruit scent from it. And that's a GOOD thing. The aftershave has a sharp, somewhat bitter aroma that settles down and the true lime comes out. It never becomes a pure fruity lime like CF or W&S, but it's a very good take on the theme indeed.

I made the discovery however that if you mix Pussers and Trumpers, NOW you have something different from either and actually better than both!

Anyway, even alone it's good stuff. At $32 for 200mL its not cheap, but it's not that far out of line with aftershaves like Speick either which is $15 for 100mL.

The burn was not bad as I expected. There was some speculation that due to the combination of alcohol and lime it would be like setting my face on fire. But it's much less painful than Trumpers - about like Speick. It leaves your face feeling and smelling good. The scent sticks around a while.

The container itself is very cool - a nicely decorated glass bottle with metal cap and a small shaker cap inside.

If you like lime, I recommend you try this stuff. if you have some Trumpers extract of limes a/s laying around, try them together!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)