What's new

Purpose Moisture with SPF 15

great stuff, and something we ALL should be using on our face before we leave the house for the day. It has little or no scent of its own, and it provides some moisturizer too so it works as a nice follow up to scented alcohol based after shave splashes.
:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
This is my go-to facial moisturizer. It absorbs quickly, doesn't feel tacky, smells only faintly like lotion, and has some sun protection. While I prefer a balm after shaving, I tend to use this lotion at least once a day.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
No matter how dry my skin is or how badly razor burned my face gets, this stuff makes it all better. I have sensitive skin that can be pretty temperamental and this stuff always agrees with it and never stings. No cooling sensation, just a soothing one. It doesnt have much of a scent and it vanishes within seconds. $9 might seem a little expensive but the little bottles seem to last forever, even with daily use. The spf is a nice addition, i hate putting sunscreen on my face. All in all its a winner.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
WalMart carries this in their cosmetic section.

It's rather pricey.

Somewhat thick and gooey to me.

The sunblock is nice, but if you have minimal sun exposure (you work inside all day) the extra ingredients aren't doing you much.

Near the end of the day, the lotion started rubbing off and flaking a little bit.

For the price, I find that other balms work better and are cheaper.

-joedy
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
With the profusion of Shea butter shave soaps available today I do not need the level of moisturizing that I once did. These soaps have much more lubrication as well so my skin is in better shape after my shave.

I see a dermatologist on a regular basis (To much sun as a kid) and I always snag samples of products from her, some of these are light moisturizers with SPF sunscreen in them, one is called Purpose- a Johnson and Johnson product.
I have been using it for a while with very good results.This is what the website says:

PURPOSE® Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15
This water-based moisturizing formula filters both UVA and UVB rays and provides the SPF 15 protection recommended by dermatologists. It absorbs quickly and is a non-comedogenic product so it won't clog pores. Its light formula is ideal to use every day, even on sensitive skin.

Active Ingredients
Octyl Methoxycinnamate; Menthyl Anthranilate; Titanium Dioxide
Inactive Ingredients
Water; Glycerin; DEA-Cetyl Phosphate; Coco-Caprylate/Caprate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Octyl Palmitate; Dimethicone; Stearoxytrimethylsilane; Tetrasodium EDTA; Cetyl Alcohol; Stearyl Alcohol; Cetyl Ricinoleate; Carbomer; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; BHT

I have never liked menthol/mint/camphor so the "cooling" effect is not in my equation for satisfaction with a product-

The Lotion is a milky white that absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy residue.
Purpose comes in a pump type plastic bottle of 4 ounces and is around 8.00-9.00 US.
A companion line is also available,the facial wash is one I recommend.

This is a very convenient and effective step saver for me. I always put on sunscreen, especially in the warmer months and the single application of one product is a winner.

Please do not post on this review unless you have used the product and want to rate it.The review discussion tread is HERE
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)