What's new

'Punch' Cigar

This is an excellent cigar for the price. I am not an aficionado so I can not be very detailed.
Aroma
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Looking for a special occasion cigar at a reaonsable price? Well, this might just be for you. Starting out, its presented in a beautiful silver tube with a sliver of oak surrounding the inside. The overall presentation is of quality, and oozes class to those uninitiated with the upper echelons of the cigar world. The cigar itself is heavy and rather moist, well rolled and quite pleasantly aromatic.

Although setting me back $15 for the single, this may vary elsewhere [I'm in Australia]. I found it quite reasonable compared to others on offer, but still a fair bit more than some.

A full-sized, thick cigar, this will be something that you'll have on the rear balcony at sunset with a good scotch or even perhaps a pallate-cleansing lager or two. The aroma is deep and penetrating, yet smooth and luxuriant. The flavour follows, and although strong is very smooth like the aroma. I would say the oak tube lining has a definite impact upon this cigar.

Overall, I'd rate this as either a very exxy standard or a special occaision smoker. I'd be partial to the latter, as it really is a bit much for the single to be a regular thing. Having said that, something of this standard would be excellent to have more than a few times a year!
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)