What's new

Provence Sante' Shave Soap

Item Description

I am a big fan of the Provence Sante products, available from Baudelaire Soaps. This hard soap ranks among the best out there. Here it is for today's shave:
displayimage.php

Price
It is a bit expensive at $25 a pop, but the cool redware bowl is worth it. Plus it lasts forever

Quality
Very high-quality product. The folks at PS don't skimp.

Scent
Very nice, and different from the usual gamut of Almond, Rose, etc. The scent is a mix of Vervaine and Linden. I can't put a finger on how to describe it, but it is sweet and polleny if that makes any sense. I like it very much.

Lather
This is a shea butter infused soap, which can often mean the lather is lacking. Not so here. This stuff produces one of the most lubricating lathers out there, and it is rich and shiny.

Efficacy
The proof is in the pudding. This stuff shaves great. I would say it is in the top 3 in terms of closeness of any product out there. There is something about the lather that lets you get super-close without irritation. Really amazing.

Moisturizing
With the shea butter, this stuff makes your face feel great. Combined with a bit of their superb aftershave, it is all you need.

Latest reviews

I enjoy this soap quite a bit. The scent is light, but fresh and nice and nothing else I have really smells like it which is a plus. I found the aroma very subtle, but natural and can't imagine anyone having much issue with it. It whips up creamy lather without much trouble. I have found it can dry out if you get the water ratio wrong, but this is a similar problem with most soaps I use. The cushion was good and the moisturizing properties seemed adequate. I did not splurge on the bowl, but I stuck mine in a Le Creuset ramekin (keeping it French :001_smile). It fits perfectly, has nice weight and works very well for something I picked up at Marshalls for a couple bucks. Cheers!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've been using this soap for a month and been very happy and satisfied. Before this soap I was using cream. And once I loaded my brush to create lather on my face, I put the cream in a storage box. First of all, it produces lather with ease. I use an artificial badger brush and it has no trouble creating thick, sleek, protective lather. But the best part is how it leaves my face moisturized and soft. The scent was puzzling at first because it was familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it until my wife said that the smell reminds her of soaps in hotels we visited. So the scent is not masculine but "flowerly". I think this is a great soap for beginners who are starting out on a shaving soap for face lathering.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Provence Santé is my favourite soap. It's not too expensive, and has a lovely scent. It creates a great lather, protects and delivers a smooth shave. My face is left soft, smooth and moisturised. French Shea butter soaps are in my opinion the best performers, and Provence Santé is the leader.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)