What's new

Provence Sante' Green Tea Aftershave

Pros: Price and Comfort on my face
I just purchased this aftershave from West Coast Shaving and it is wonderful. It does not have any alcohol to give a burning sensation, but it soothes with the tea tree and shea butter that's in it.
The scent is over the top nice. It's a sweet scent but very subdued and lasts for awhile. It's a perfect compliment to spring and warmer months.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I do love this stuff, but as other have said, it doesn't really do much for razor burn on me. I am a green tea lover and can't really say it smells much like any green tea I've had although it does have a jasmine like smell...but jasmine tea is just tea with Jasmine ADDED to it:lol:
It is great for moisturizing, but a Little does go a long way! The only reason I don't give it a 10 on that aspect is it's sometimes too easy to get too much... and too much leaves me pretty greasy and not so fresh feelin...
It is definitely the most refreshing smelling aftershave I've smelled so far.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I bought PS Green Tea at a local chain called Plum Market (although it's available at the Whole Foods around here as well). I don't regret one cent of it's asking price! I've used it almost 6 months now - time for a review.

Price: Considering you can blow 5 bucks or 50, Provence Sante is a bargain at 15.00.

Quality: Easily a 10. When I've had a rough shave, nothing, and I mean nothing I own tends to my carelessness like PS (Speick comes in a close second).

Fights Razor Burn: And how! I'm telling you gentlemen, it's like a liquid cloud - get some on a rough patch where you are razor burned and it will sooooothe it tremendously.

Cooling Sensation: No menthol or alcohol, but it nonetheless soothes your face.

Scent: Light, Spring-like, It's a green tea scent, kind of self-explanatory. It can get a little sweet. But, it's quite nice. Lasts longer than you think - so bear this in mind before purchasing. I think it's a very nice scent - CLEAN.

Efficacy: SHAZAM! This is a shining point for PS - Does what you need an Aftershave to do and does it without alcohol, not easy to pull off. The Shea Butter makes Provence Sante, and most French products of this nature, very effective.

Moisturizing: In words of two syllables...VERY! Shea Butter makes it especially so...

No Alcohol Burn: N/A

Awesome stuff guys. Highly Recommended!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The Provence Sante' Green Tea Aftershave is, without a doubt, the most moisturizing splash (if you can call it a splash) available. It is even more moisturizing than some balms I've come across. Overall it is a fantastic product that soothes just perfectly, and for a very reasonable price. Then there's the scent....

Let me clarify, in the bottle it is a clean, cool scent with vague floral and powder notes, which isn't too bad. I wasn't in love with it at first, but after a half dozen uses I can safely say that the scent just isn't my taste. When it dries down on me the powder and floral scents are just too strong. I like my aftershaves to be a bit more clean and crisp, the Provence Sante' Green Tea Aftershave is just to..."soft" I guess.

But that is my opinion on the scent and as always, YMMV. It's performance should be fantastic for pretty much everyone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is my favorite aftershave product. Full stop.

-Andy
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got this one in a trade here on B&B and it's amazing! So good that I hardly want to use it, I just want to keep it forever. It goes well with lighter scented soaps, like L'Occitane Cade and it lasts the whole day.

Now, some of you wonder what the scent reminds you of.
I smell cucumber in there.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I picked this up from a member in trade, along with the shaving soap and cologne. All I can say is WOW!!! This stuff works great!!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I'm in love.

I received a small decant from Shaving Essentials several weeks ago. After using it only once, I realized I needed a whole bottle. Now that I have a bottle and used it several times, I think I need to buy a case.

The scent is sublime and soothing. It is neither overbearing or light. It's just right.

It quells the worst razor burn and can make a lousy shave tolerable.

This and Speick are now my favorites.

For $15, it's well worth it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I use the Provence Sante shaving soap and its absolutely increadible. I couldn't tell by the picture or description if this is an aftershave balm or splash? I have oily skin and could not use this all over my face but could certainly use it on my shaving areas.
Received a couple samples of this from Classic Shaving and was hooked the very first use.

Quality - For the price you'd expect much less than what you get, very effective, feels great, smells great.

Fights Razor Burn - For me this AS very effectively fights razor burn even after I've been a bit to aggressive with the straight.

Cooling Sensation - I don't detect any "cooling" sensation but there's no menthol or ingredients that led me to believe that this would have a cooling effect.

Scent - The scent is outstanding, I still haven't nailed down what it reminds me of. I don't want to say it's not green tea, but any sort of green tea scent eludes me. I too prefer the Verlaine scent but not by much.

Efficacy - Can't say that this product doesn't produce the intended/desired result. As an aftershave it soothes any razor burn and irritation and has a long lasting pleasant scent.

Moisturizing - Good for the skin, the shea butter gives it a really "slick" feel without being oily or greasy. When you pour it in your hand you expect it to be like any other AS splash, but when you apply it to your face you a luxurious buttery feeling.

No Alcohol Burn - No alcohol present, therefore no burn, just a pleasant, comforting relief.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
The back label on this stuff says "reminiscent of dawn in a Zen monastery". Well let me tell you something boys and girls, Mr. Razorburns has spent many dawns at a Zen monastery and this product is NOT the same. It is so much better. :thumbup1: It smells great but doesn't over power and the scent fades rather quickly. It feels great and really soothes and conditions the skin. It is not jazzy and there is no morning burn. It has become my go to for aftershave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
As has been said before, the price isn't bad at $12-15, and it has a lovely light smell to it.

However for me, it doesn't seem to have any real cooling effect (perhaps its not supposed to?) nor does it really seen to soothe my brand of irritation.

That having been said, its still good product, though I may have to sell/pif mine as I find myself leaning more towards traditional alcohol based splashes, or "milk" style balms now.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This is really good stuff, leaves the face clean and refreshed.

I prefer the "verlaine" scent to green tea but you can't have my green tea bottle even so.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price was $15, so not cheap but not expensive. I wish it cost less though.

I think the stuff exudes quality. It has a silky feel to it.

It is very soothing. I don't really get razor burn, but the occasional warm feeling. PS Green Tea Aftershave knocks it right down and I mean now.

I don't feel much in the way of cooling, but it is very nice.

Scent is where it shines. The stuff smells really great. It is more of a warm weather scent and as such I am wearing it frequently. The scent lingers and I still find myself getting the faintest whiff late in the day. When first applied the witch hazel comes through but quickly disappears. I don't know what it smells like, but it is very fresh and pleasant. It does not smell like any green tea I have tried. I like the scent so much that I sent for the EDC.

Most efficacious

Very moisturizing. I would say that no other moisturizing agent is needed. It has a slight viscous nature to it, but it can be applied fairly heavy without getting a tacky finish.

Zero alcohol burn owed to it's not having alcohol in it. For me this is not a big plus, I like a bit of alcohol in my aftershaves, but I will make an exception for Provence Sante Green Tea. I love the stuff. A top notch product that I highly recommend.

Regards,
Mike
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I tried this for the first time a few days ago (a very kind duck brought some over from the US). The instant the splash touches your face you know that you've hit the sweet spot. This product is sublime. I absolutely love it.

Cheers

Jeremy
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is the first aftershave I've ever bought other than Nivea or other miscellaneous "cheap" brands, and while they are decent, now I see what I've really been missing. First, the smell is fantastic. It's kind of reminiscent of a good, masculine cologne, but you can definitely catch the unique green tea scent in there too. It's very subtle, but if I use it in the morning, I can still smell just a ghost of it in the evening. Extremely pleasant. I found it very soothing as well. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my go-to aftershaves, can never go wrong with the stuff. I bought it on impulse simply because the fragrance description sounded neat! After application my face cools and soothes instantly. Just dab a little and it goes a long way.
Just recently I regularly started clipping my hair on a number 1 setting and because I do it with a none too brilliant machine my head suffers irritation. I tried my other aftershaves to control it, but NONE matched the green tea lotion. I now use it everyday on my noggin!

Get this - it works :a50:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The perfect complement for a shave with the Provence Sante Shea Butter soap, this aftershave comes packed with a crisp clean and refreshing scent....and with excellent skincare benefits. Moreover, it pairs well with the Green Tea EDC.

A little goes a long way, over-application will leave your face gummy/sticky.

Could be better at fighting razor burn, but its a rather simple formula and does a good job of moisturization with its contained glycerin and shea butter.

:thumbup:

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got this stuff a while back in an order from Baudelaire soaps, and have been using it to great effect. This is an alcohol-free splash that has witch hazel and shea butter in it. It feels extremely soothing to the skin, and has some of the best moisturizing properties of any splash I have come across. When you look at your hands after applying it to your face, you can see the shine (though it is matte on your face) of the shea butter. This is one of the very few AS splashes I have used that don't have me running for the moisturizer afterwards. The scent is very nice as well, and I also have the cologne in the same green tea scent - great stuff all around. For $12, it is hard to beat.
Top Bottom