What's new

Protein 29 Liquid Hair Groom

This is a great hair groom which I just recently rediscovered while I've been on a recent kick exploring hair tonics. I've been wanting to try them because I want to use a thinner product on my hair so it won't be weighed down so much and will look more natural but still groomed. Also, for a hair tonic I want it to eliminates all fly-aways and give a good shine. Protein 29 liquid hair groom is the best hair tonic I have found to deliver all these. Like most if not all hair tonics, Protein 29 is alcohol based. Here are the ingredients:

Alcohol SDA 40 190 , Deionized Water , PPG 33-Buteth-45 , PPG 33-Butyl ether , Propylene Glycol , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Benozophenone-8 , Myristalkonium Chloride , Citric Acid , FD&C Green No. 3 , Fragrance

I have also used Vitalis and it is pretty good but it has a few drawbacks for me. First is the scent. It isn't terrible but it is pretty strong so you will smell it for a while after application. Also, I have very thick and dry hair and it doesn't completely take away all the fly-aways. After it dries it leaves my hair looking a little dry with not too much shine. I have also used some of the other hair grooms with oil included and they were a little greasy and gave too much of a shalacked look.

Protein 29 is completely non-greasy. It doesn't weigh down your hair at all but it adds a great shine. It completely eliminates fly-aways and smoothes over your hair. It conditions well. The scent is very minimal and is non-existent right after application. I've got to give this product a 10 on most things.

One problem is that it's hard to find in stores. There is a drug store chain around here that stocks it but if you don't have this you can order it online. It will run you about $4 for a 4 oz bottle. Protein 29 also makes a gel that is somewhat comparable to Groom & Clean.

If you are into hair tonics I highly recommend you give this stuff a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)