What's new

Proraso Nick Sealer

Pros: It works
Cons: Crazy expensive
It works but for me, not as well as a $2.00 styptic pencil and it is outrageously expensive. I love Proraso products including the preshave, cremes and aftershaves but this one I just don't understand the need.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
2.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Works every time, seals cuts without scabs
Cons: Price, Tightens skin like crazy
I bought this to top up an order and get free shipping. So far I am very impressed. It stops bleeding instantly and seals the small cuts with no blood scab.
I have used an alum block, which doesn't really work for me except for the smallest weepers. I also use a styptic pencil which is still the best and cheapest way to stop bleeding. But this product will stay in my toolkit.
Be aware that using this will send your skin into a bit of shock - you can feel your skin tighten up immediately so don't apply to healthy areas. (I assume this product is loaded with alum).
Also, it does leave a lot of white residue, so wash your face after about 10 minutes.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to use, affordable, clear gel, effective
Cons: probably slightly more expensive then alum
Price
I paid € 5,45 for it, that is $ 7,35
Rated price a 8 since it is a very small tube, and since alum is really cheap stuff.
But it probably last you a long time, you only need tiny amounts.

Quality
Can be determined by looking at the other aspects only:

Performance
This is where it shines. I have never tried alum (yet, some is finding it's way towards me now), but boy does this stuff works! Really well and really fast. Even serious bleeders.
Put a tiny amount one one finger. Wash the cut so the clear transparent gel doesn't have any blood under it and apply the gel. Almost instantly it will stop bleeding.
Very soon you will feel your skin has tightened at that spot.

Usefulness
Well that's obvious, as a beginning DE shaver you can't go without something like this.
But maybe for a experienced DE shaver a block of alum can be enough.
Still doesn't hurt to have though. Very convenient stuff.

Durability
Well, it stops the cut from bleeding completely, so it probably could go without being durable.
But it also seals of the wound, so it will not start bleeding again.
In that sense, it is very durable.

Packaging
Packaging is good, nothing fancy.

Conclusion
A large alum block is, no doubt, a essential asset to have.
However for small individual cuts this stuff is the answer.
Go get some today and try it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I was watching one of GeoFatboys videos on YouTube, and he mentioned something called the Proraso nick sealer. I didn't know Proraso made something like that. I bought one from his website www.shavenation.com, which by the way seems to be the only place that sells it. It's a small tube that looks like the smaller version of the Proraso shave cream, but it ain't shave cream :001_smile I used it for the first time today, and boy, this stuff really works! I nicked myself, so I took out the nick sealer. I squeezed a very tiny bit onto my finger, almost nothing at all. I applied it to my nick, and instantly it stopped and it didn't bleed again! This stuff is great. It doesn't leave a white residue like the styptic pencil does, and it works faster than the styptic pencil. Considering I hardly ever nick myself, and I use such a tiny amount when I do, this one tube will last me for a very long time. I think this is Proraso's most underrated product. You must give this a try.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)