What's new

Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave

This stuff is the real deal, I'm glad I tried it.

It's very effective at moisturizing and leaves my face soothed and feeling soft all day. It's a little expensive at $16 but you get a good amount. It doesn't really have a cooling sensation as far as I can tell.

My 3 favorite things about this product are:
1) The very light consistency (like a thin, watered down lotion)
2) The fresh/clean scent (coconut + old school barbershop that doesn't linger at all)
3) The fact that it gets absorbed completely since it is so light and leaves no trace of greasiness unlike other ASBs I have tried which felt a little greasy afterwards

Overall, these factors lead me to say that this is a high quality product and I see no need to try any other balm. They got all the factors right with this product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use this ASB after each shave. Ever since I bought it I have felt no need to try another AS or ASB. Before it I used Nievea Sensitive ASB, which gave me a nasty allergic reaction.
The Proraso ASB works perfect for my dry sensitive skin - and together with the pre/post creme I get the best results yet.
The relatively mild cooling sensation and classic barbershop smell of the Proraso ASB are just perfet for my taste.
If this is the only ASB I will ever end up buying I will not be sorry about it.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I love Proraso ASB...great product, tad pricey compared to Nivea, but all around...I think this product will always be in my rotation during summer or winter.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
One of my top three; Proraso, Speick and C&E Nomad.
In a nutshell, this aftershave is a benchmark by which other balms should be judged. It moisturizes great and fights razorburn well. I was very pleasantly surprised by the scent. It is a very masculine scent and not too heavy on the menthol. The scent is not strong enough to interfere with the scent of a cologne. It does not contain any alcohol, so naturally there is no alcohol burn. If you use Proraso cream or soap, this is the perfect complement.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
decent, but not overwhelming. it does an ok job. i think there are much better products out there. i would say go for the pre/post first, and then consider adding this to your collection. i am one that really enjoys a cooling aftershave. this does not really offer a cooling sensation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
As so many others have said, this is a great balm with a great scent. It soothes and moisturizes very well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This has become my new favorite aftershave. It immediately stops razor burn and leaves my skin feeling great. I'm a little puzzled by the comments about the scent. I found it to have a very light scent and a pleasing one at that. And, most importantly, my wife agrees.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I can't possibly add anything new to what has already been said, but this product is almost perfect, and a bargain at $15.

Fantastic cooling sensation, best in the business that I've tried, and a little goes a very long way.

The scent is going to be hit or miss, and personally, I love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is my go-to balm whenever I feel my shave has gone a little wrong. It has amazing healing abilities and fights razor burn like no other. It goes on very smooth and it is not greasy, leaving your face smooth and refreshed. Highly recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have been using this stuff for a while and find that its one of my favorite balms. It goes on easily and absorbs quickly. Its great in the summer because it doesn't sweat out. I like the light, yet fresh scent. Its not the cheapest stuff, but it won't blow your budget either.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros :

- Great soothing

- Barbershop coconutty scent

- Old-school bottle

- Good moisturizing

- Availability

- Great formulation, nice list of soothing and moisturizing ingredients :w00t:

Cons :

Price, price, price :mad:

The Nivea Sensitive is as good, but it's half the price for the same amount :eek:
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
If you like Proraso creams, you'll love this too. This is one the best ASB's I've ever tried -- except for the scent. I don't feel like I can use it with anything other than Proraso products because it's unique scent is something that doesn't pair well with anything else in my view.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I really love this stuff, it is my go-to aftershave balm; I use it most days. Although some gents here differ, I enjoy the scent - clean and crisp, then quickly dissipates. It absorbs quickly, and doesn't leave a hint of stickiness as some balms do. It quickly soothes any razor burn I might get if I get to agressive with the ATG passes. At twelve bucks a bottle, it's a good buy too!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The result of this ASB is very good, you can't go wrong with it, good texture, good effect on skin, etc. but, all the respect I have for Prorasso, this stuff smell bad, very bad :bored: after using it for a couple of time. Be sure before buying this to get a good sniff of it and be really sure that you really love this "kind" of smell. At the beginning, the smell didn't bother me, I find it "acceptable", but after a while, it begin really bother me, and, now, impossible to apply this on face anymore, I trash the rest in the drain. It scent like white glue, medication stuff, or whatever. For sure, it's not a modern scent at all. There's a lot better scent out there (Nivea for example, C&E, etc.) and I don't see why, just cuz the name on label is proraso, reputable name, to continue to use it if I just don't like it. Sorry Proraso. I'm not in love with this product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I tend not to review aftershaves that frequently becuase I'm a pretty "conservative" shaver and don't generally find situations where I'm torn myself up enough to comment on alcohol burn and razor burn fighting nature of an ASB. Since I can't fully comment on it I'm comment at all.

Well last Friday gave me cause to comment. I got a bad Merkur blade and just about ripped my throat out. After that experience, I can honestly say that Proraso's ASB is one of the best shaving products I've ever used. It's a great price and quality. I love the consistency and the way it moisturizes. On top of that I slap some on after Friday's shaving disaster and it felt great. It cooled me down and most of all I had zero razor burn the next more. This stuff is awesome. I did get a slight burn from the witch hazel but it wasn't very noticeable.

Bottom line: I think every guys should have a bottle around.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have lots of very expensive ASB but the Proraso is the one I turn to when I need some gentle soothing treatment after a less than perfect shave.
I love the old fashioned barber shop smell of Proraso products.Nice consistency,not greasy and best of all no sting!
To top it all, it costs less than than half the price of the more glamorous bottles on my bathroom shelf - get some,you wo'nt regret it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Another winner from proraso. The best AS balm I have used to date. Moisturising, cooling and subtly scented its another product I wouldn't want to be without. Use on top off Proraso pre-post shave cream for maximum moisturising and cooling effect. My skin feels great all day using this combo.It may not be the best for oily skin types but for people with drier skin (like myself) it can't be beat.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is one aftershave that I can depend on if I get a little aggressive in trying to achieve BBS. The price is good compared to a lot of others on the market, and this definitely works. It is not the most moisturizing one out there, but I would rather have it that way than to feel greasy. It really soaks into your skin nicely. It does a great job at eliminating the redness from my face when I have some irritation. It does not sting at all, which is greatly appreciated! I love the scent as well. Maybe it is just me, but it kind of reminds me of the cologne my father used to wear, Yves Saint Laurent pour hommes I believe. Anyway, I think this is one you should try, because if it works for you, you have a product that is easy to purchase and won't put a huge dent in your wallet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff works well. I use it especially when I have a little razor burn. The scent for me is average. I have a tube of Neutrogena that smells exactly the same, as does some of my Nivea stuff. It definitely soothes the discomfort of razor burn.

John
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn