What's new

Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave

I use this stuff every day. Nice subtle scent, dries up nicely on your skin and the clear glass makes it easy to gauge how much is left.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling sensation! Price
Cons: None
Fantastic stuff. Cools the shave so nicely and helps rid razor burn. Perhaps not just the best product for the money but best out there period.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I can't say enough about Proraso. If you want a great shaving experience try Proraso from start to finish and you'll never be disappointed. This AS balm is a great final step in any shave routine. I find the scent light and complimentary with any of my soaps. I often rub it on over some Proraso pre/post cream for an extra degree of cooling. Moisturizes and cools effectively. The smell tends towards the medicinal (not the 1970's) which is a plus for me. This is a great product and well worth the money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
The best ASB I've tried.

I've only marked it down for $$ because like a lot of stuff, we get stiffed in Oz for many imports. And US postage doesn't make it worth shipping in.

I've used various Nivea products for years and thought they were fine, but compared to this, for me, they work very averagely and absorb poorly.

More recently I've tried sampler balms like Cade (way to thick for summer, and it's summer 10 months of the year here), and most other moisturising balms in general are heavy.

This isn't, it absorbs very easily, even if you over do it, and does all the soothing things you want.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have to say this aftershave is great, it does what it is supposed to do and has quality ingredients. I used this stuff for years but then tried C.O. Bigelow aftershaves and found them to perform slightly better, locally available, and cheaper too.

Since it's imported the prices have gone steadily up. It's a quality product but 16 bucks for 1 bottle is ridiculous considering this stuff retails in Italy for 2 or 3 bucks.

My only other gripe with this product is that it is too thick so it takes longer to absorb.

In any case this is a very good product, unfairly overpriced but good. I'll stick with Bigelow since it works about the same and it's cheaper but I'd recommend this.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Proraso aftershave balm is a great product.
Very good moisturizing properties, nice scent and excellent price.
I regularly use it and I like it a lot.

Highly recommended.:thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I probably have 2-3 shots left in my bottle, time to review.

Cool bottle, nice barbershop scent, no burning at all. The AS is refreshing, I usually end up with a nice skin post-proraso.

My main complaint is the price, down under, it's pricey. It's a step up from Nivea sensitive but I prefer proraso.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Great aftershave balm, inexpensive and does exactly what its supposed to do. The scent is mild enough, wouldn't be my favourite but its not very strong and is gone completely after a few minutes. Love these old style glass bottles though!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is a quality product that should be in every wet shaver's den. Great scent that leaves my skin soothed and supple. My rating was a little harsh on price, but a quality product. Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This aftershave feels very good on the skin, some people don't like the smell but if you don't mind proraso's scent then there is no reason one would not like the light almost coconut scent to it. It feels great on the skin, is perfect to use during the hot summer months, it does not burn me whatsoever, and seals the skin perfectly. A little goes a long way, and a bottle will last you a long time. This is a great aftershave balm to use, it simply works.b:biggrin:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This strikes the right balance for me overall. After a good shave it leaves your skin feeling like you were a teenager all over again.

Doesn't interfere with colonge or edt, sinks into the skin fast and is not sticky or greasy. I rate it much better than nivea. I aslo rate it over musgo and baxters.

Proraso makes my skin feel good for days not just an hour and is available anywhere.

They should sell it in bigger bottles so one can save some cash.

Overall Proraso gets it right.:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Very good product,,nothing fancy here, very old -school type.Smell is great.
The balm moisturize very well your face after a shave, a must have.:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have been using Proraso liquid cream after shaving since I started to use a safety razor 3 months ago. The cream has a very manly, traditional barberstyle smell to it, but it is not overpowering in any way, and mixes well with your daycream. The times I have had a rough shave the product instantly cools the area down and gives me a nice tinkling sensation.... I can see that the witch hazel has an effect on my skin. In general a very good and affordable aftershave, that works great, and looks great in your bathroom.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is an amazing aftershave.

I have used a similar consistency aftershave from Biotherm and this one kicks it to the curb for the following key points:
  • Immediate absorption
  • Light scent, doesn't linger (don't detect the coconut some mentioned)
  • Leaves the skin moisturized all day, but not oily
  • Great price
  • Love the packaging

VIVA PRORASO!:001_wub:
This is one of the few, decently priced aftershaves, that does what it says on the label. It makes your face feel better after you have removed the top layers of it shaving. Period.

What more is there? Yes, the smell is not as fancy as some more expensive brands. But it is not like the smell is offensive and it's gone in a minute or two anyway.

It is refreshing, does not cost the Earth, is not greasy and it lasts forever because you only have to use a tiny amount to get the job done.

Oh, and when it is empty you can give the curved glass bottle a rinse and use it as a hip flask!

10 out of 10!
I picked up a bottle recently with an order of razor blades and it is a great finish after shaving with Proraso shaving soap.
I find myself going back to this AS again and again. It moisturizes well, it smells nice, and it fights razor burn. It goes on easily, and it doesn't leave a greasy or sticky residue. What more could you want? Okay, it doesn't freeze your face, but we can't always have everything we want.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: Great price for a product this good!

Quality: Not my favourite AS cream, but it's guaranteed a spot with my Proraso lineup.

Fights Razor Burn: It does a solid job of this, but I don't get razor burn too badly now that I wet shave so I may not be the best judge.

Cooling Sensation: Not as nice as the pre/post or the splash, but combined with them it makes for one cooling shave!

Scent: I love the Proraso scent in all its forms!

Efficacy: It does what I want it to do!

Moisturizing: Not the most moisturizing, but it's best used on a warm day or when you want a break from the "heavier" products, so this isn't really a weak point to me--it's a positional soap that is every bit as important as its more moisturizing brethren.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a pretty good, cheap ASB.
It soothes the burn and moisturizes the skin. It does get a little sticky if you use too much though.

I would put it almost on par with Nivea except for one little detail: I just can't stand the smell of coconut! If you like coconut, this might be great for you, but I won't be ordering any more of this stuff.

At least the smell is faint and doesn't linger.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Works great. An outstanding cooling sensation. Rich in moisture. Proraso delivers. Again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)