What's new

Proraso Green Tube

Pros: Lathers great, smells good, highly cooling,very lubricating
Cons: not sold locally
What's to say that hasn't already been said. This cream has been around forever and that is a good indication of how well this cream works. The cream is a thick cream that only requires a small dollop to become a huge lather that lasts forever with very little effort. The smell on the new formula is less intense than the original which for some is a positive. It reminds me of a mint tea or noxema type of smell with a little something extra. The biggie for me is the cooling of this product wow !!! the first time I used it i was suprised as it took a second to kick in but when it did all I can say is wow this stuff really cools. Word of warning if you splash cold water after using this be prepared in a good wake you up kinda way. Lubrication is another big plus this stuff is slick and doesn't quit it is perfect for multip passes with no drag. Packaging..... really if it's in a box and protected it's good enough for me the product is in the tube not the box. Overall I love the stuff and is highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, scent, cooling menthol, all around performer
Cons: Irritation, parabens
I would like to say firstly that I'm very upset this irritates my skin! I absolutely love the scent and I DO think this is a wonderful cream for daily use, it lasts a long time as well as being very coat effective. I can't shave with it more often than once or twice a week, I do know that proraso is coming out with new formulas, so I think I'm going to try one of those. I don't know what I reacted to but I think it may be the parabens since. This is the only shaving cream I own with them. The pre-post shave does the same thing and I bought the tea tree and eucalyptus one( but that's another review). Overall it's a wonderful classic cream/scent. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, very thick and slick.
Cons: The smell!! Oh lord!!
This product gets a solid 8 because of the smell. It'd be a 10 otherwise. Lathers up in seconds, gives a great slick barrier between your face and the blade, stays moist the entire time, and generally delivers an AMAZING shave. If, of course, you can get passed the smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cost, Scent, Latherability, performance
Cons: none
This is my "go to" cream. Affordable and available everywhere. Proprietary, well balanced scent. Lathers easily and cools the skin after a cold rinse. Definitely worth a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great shave; refreshing menthol cooling effect
Cons: Don't much like the smell
I finally gave the old standby a try (in C.O. Bigelow 1.7oz form), and it was a mixed bag. I was initially put off by the smell, which was not very pleasant to my nose. Maybe it will grow on me, but it hasn't so far.Everything else was much better. I used an almond-sized dollop, it whipped up into a creamy lather, and it stayed with me through a leisurely four-pass shave. It was very slick and seemed to provide good protection. The menthol cooling kick was nice and refreshing; I can see myself grabbing the Proraso on a hot, muggy morning just for that. My skin did seem drier after my shave than I like, but it was nothing a little AS balm couldn't take care of.I'm even more excited to try the new sandalwood-scented Proraso--hopefully it will provide the same high-quality shave with a more pleasant scent!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cool sensation, smells great
Cons: No slickeness
I can see what all the hype is about. Prorasp is great, but not slick enough for me. Sticking with shaving soaps, but anyone who wants a premium shave cream should have a tube of this on hand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling sensation, lather
Cons: None
Unbelievable. I will always own it and it will be my go to stuff in warm weather which will be like always here Phoenix. It cools my skin perfectly to rid me of razor burn. The scent is not my favorite but the quality of this product is overwhelming. If you have sensitive skin, any Proraso product is a gem.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Rather new to wetshaving, and this was one of the first things I used. I was hooked. I love the feel on my face of the cooling effects of it. It builds a rich lather very easily. And I just love the smell, it opens the sinuses up in the morning - a great wake up call.I saw the C.O. Bigelow version of this as a BOGO - it was a no brainer to pick up 4 tubes. I really should have bought a few more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Glide, cushion, latherability
Cons: drying, exXxtremely minty
My opinion as a n00b:Great price. Quality: good but very minty and contains alcohol. Scent nice, classic, clean, minty and fresh. Latherability: nice and easy. Efficacy: does a great job, excellent cushion and protection. Moisturizing properties: with the alcohol and me being a n00b(taking longer to shave carefully) I found it to be drying to my skin. Packaging: sleek but not as elegant as some but considering price and purpose who even cares?Not sure I would recommend this to another n00b. For myself being a n00b, I find all that minty gets in the way of feeling. Just starting out I want to be able to clearly feel what is going on so I can adjust blade angle, pressure, direction etc. before I get into any real trouble. Of course with practice and experience this doesn't matter so much but this was my first cream to begin DE shaving with. I didn't want to take points off of efficacy for this because it does do a very good job of it's purpose.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, great scent, good quality lather
Cons: none
This is a great product, maybe the best tube shave cream. Used with a badger brush is exploding in the mug and the lather is good quality: protective and hydrating.
The price was at best (only 5$ for 150 ml) and it lasts for months.
I will always keep it in my rotation. It's cooling effect doesn't bother me in winter, because I shave in evening.
Highly recommended !
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice minty scent, lathers easily, slick
A wonderful scent of with mild menthol and eucalyptus notes. This cream lathers quickly, is not too thirsty, and provides slick protection. I hope they adjust the formula to a paraben-free one in the future. I got close to my first bbs shave with this cream, an EJ razor, and a shark blade. Wow! This could never happen with all the cartridge junk 2x, 3x, 5x, razors and dry as the Sahara goop in a can!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers up easy for any newbie! Has a cooling effect to skin. Vibrant smell wakes you up!
Cons: Not a gentle smell
This was the beginning of an adventure into DE shaving. I use this cream alternatingly with a number of samples - a good performer and consistant shaves. Would recommend as a staple in your Shave Den.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Effortless, slick and abundant lather
I needed to order something extra at Amazon to get the 'free shipping' so I threw a tube of Proraso on. Wow! glad I did! There is indeed a reason that this stuff has been selling since 1926 - it's great! I put a tiny little dab on my palm applied to face, and lathered away and was shocked at the resulting explosion of slick, mentholated lather goodness - my little horse brush held enough for 4 passes, and probably a couple more passes worth ended going down the drain. Proraso has earned a place in my rotation, alongside my beloved Arko!:001_tt1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: none
Cons: broke my face out
I know alot of guys on here like the proraso products and I was looking forward to using it.....However...It was a big disaster!! I had to stop using this stuff after 4 days because my face was broken out badly with several ingrown hairs. I think i had a bad reaction to some ingredient in the cream(maybe stearic acid?) I have also used taylor creams(avacado &sensitve) and the same thing happened. I think I might have hyper sensitive skin.I don't doubt that this is a fine product but for me....a big dissapointment.:001_unsur
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Utilitarian, Menthol, Economical
Cons: None
There is a reason this stuff is the metric by which all other creams are compared. While you might find better creams, you will not find a cream that offers as much as Proraso does for the price. It's a no-frills, get the job done, classic cream that has been around for decades and for good reason. This is the only cream in my rotation.

This cream loads very nicely in a badger brush and takes just a pea-size to get you going. A 10oz. tube will last you months.

The smell distinctly menthol and fells on your face as Noxzema might. In fact, I use Noxzema as a pre-shave for this.

I can't recommend this cream enough. Follow this with some Osage Rub and you are in menthol heaven.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: 5 dollars... honestly you could do much much worse for 5 dollars its cheap and effective I can't really say anything negative in this department.

Quality: Overall the quality of the product is fantastic when remembering the price. The only issue I have with it is it tends to tarnish my chrome razor much more than other products. Seeing as a quick buff with a towel clears it up easily I can't knock it down more than one.

Scent: I'm not overly fond of the scent and really as others have mentioned it smells pretty awful. I've given it a 5 cause while its definitely not good its not good its not going to kill you.

Latherability: Fantastic TBH its so easy to lather this is great for begginers.

Efficacy: It does what its supposed to do provide a cool slick surface to shave on and it does it well.

Moisturizing Properties: It doesn't exactly leave my face moisturized as much as I would like this is sort of subjective. It doesn't leave my skin feeling like I need to wash it off either and I liked that.

Packaging: I purchased the C.O. Bigelow branded product and TBH the packaging was great simple easy to follow directions and a good description of what you are getting.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I really do not understand all the high ratings. Is it that proraso has been around so long, that it just has a large following? Is it because the purchase price is considerably lower ( still not a good value) than the middle and top tier soap's & cream's? Is it the menthol? Is it because it's from Italy? Really, I wish I knew because IMHO, Proraso produces a rather thin shiny lather. Not much cushion. No slide at all. The menthol is a known skin dehydrator. The smell is awfull and the overall performance for me is just poor. Because of the reviews, I kept going back and trying. I figured it must just be me, somehow. Not any more. I'm done with it. To many high quality products for that. I realize how subjective all of this is, but this is the 1 product that has really made me wonder where all the hype comes from. As alway's YMMV, and it must compared to mine.
I really like this stuff. Provides great shaves without irritation, protects the skin, cools your face (perfect in the summer), lathers quickly and is really inexpensive.

Best regards to all the B&B community.

-Coffee Addict from Mexico
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This was my first cream and is still in my rotation along with my travel kit. The scent is refreshing and lingers for quite some time post-shave, it lathers very easily and provides a great comfortable shave with a cooling aftereffect.

I like the old school packaging and the overall presentation; like an Italian sports car it has just the right amount of over-the-topness.

A cheap cream to buy I find I get about 5 months per tube shaving daily. If you're conservative with your knurl of cream you could easily stretch 6 months.

A staple product... Go green!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
No longer the cheapest option around, but still a good deal, Proraso is a refreshing shave with a classic barbershop scent. If you're not a fan of menthol and eucalyptus, this won't turn your crank... but I love menthol. Quality is uniform from tube to tube, and this is a good cream, easy to dose, and lathers quickly. Lather isn't as thick as some of the high-glycerin luxury brands, but it's effective and a dime-sized dollop is enough for 3 passes plus cleanup. Good lubrication and cushion, and leaves your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated, especially following a good cold rinse. Not drying, but not particularly moisturizing, either. Packaged in a metal foil tube inside a cardboard box - OK, that works.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)