What's new

Proraso Aloe and Green-Tea Shaving Soap

Pros: Moisturizing, Scent, Lather
Cons: Amount of Product Needed (Maybe Brush)
WOW! I've been wetshaving for about 4-5 years now (since I was 14-15) and De shaving for about 2-2.5 now.

Out of all the products I have tried (TOBS Rose, Col Conk bay rum, Williams, Trumpers Almond, Wilk Sword Soap, Old Spice Cream, Arko Stick, Proraso Green Tube)

This just gave me the closest, smoothest, nick-free shave I've ever gotten. It's a shame my boar brushes aren't completely broken in yet and I had to resort to my Vulfix Pure Badger to get the lather in but this product is amazing.

I thought for the winter months the proraso green tub may be too much, so I went and bought this today after my green tube ran out.

I almost picked up the green, but wow am I glad I didn't!

I may post another review after I get properly broken in brushes as my silvertip is too soft and uses too much product/is a *** (Frank Shaving) and the pure badger is too scratchy and irritates my skin.

Only con I have is that I dont like how you have to pull the tops off the plastic tubs as this can be hard with wet fingers and when you have short nails. I guess you should just do that before you get wet?

edit - I have to add, just sitting here as I stroke my finger ATG along my cheek I feel the slight menthol tinge cooling my skin in a good way. I didn't get perfect bbs everywhere but this is damn close and I know with a little bit more I'll get it. Where I get bbs, I have better skin than I ever have had in my life.

And final note (this is long winded I know) the only reason I didn't get bbs everywhere is because I missed a few spots and didn't want to keep rubbing my pure badger there. Otherwise I would have gotten my first ever complete BBS Shave!

OMG. Lol, I have tabac sitting in my room but I've found my saving soap (no typo) ;)

BUY THIS!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to lather and good moisturizing
Cons: aloe to intensive in scent
tried it couple times and had very good shaves. everything is perfect except aloe is to intensive for my taste
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, function
Cons: Be prepared for menthol cool/burn
I just started using this stuff. It lathers well, is inexpensive, protects the skin well, and generally does what it is supposed to do. I think it is a bargain at the price.

At first I was surprised at how much of a menthol sensation it has, as I expected a soap for sensitive skin to not have that quality. But it cools nicely without irritating my skin.

This is now my go-to summer soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice non-soapy smell
I'm surprised to see only one review on this product. I started wet shaving last year and this was the only product I used until I got the green poraso a few weeks ago. I prefer the smell of the aloe and green tea version more and feel the smell doesn't linger as long as the original version. I don't have any other brands to compare to but the lather is great and my skin feels great afterwards. Edit: I just realized that this review is in the shaving cream section. If you go to the shave soap section this product has over 40 reviews
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: aloe
Cons: too diffrent from the basic Proraso
Arriving from an excellent and long experience with the green Proraso, I had higher expectations. The product is completely different and I didn'tlike too much the scent of geranium and lemon
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)