What's new

Proraso Aftershave Splash

Pros: Great ,clean,scent thats not too strong.lots of goodies like witch hazel,allatoin
Cons: not very moisterizing but who cares,not many splashes are
I love it!This stuff is AWESOME!The BEST splash Ive ever used.Has a mild but very cooling menthol kick,very soothing thanks to the witch hazel,the burn from the alcohol is very mild,but yet depends on the shave.The scent is very crisp,clean,and dries down to a clean non offensive scent and doesnt over power or make you smell like you bathed in it.Leaves my face feeling refreshed and calm after a shave.As for moisturizing,not very much,but enough and not to heavy which makes it a great after shave all year around.I never feel the need to follow with a balm after using this.The price I paid for it was worth every single penny I paid for it.Sadly its being replaced with the new formula which Ive already ordered and cant wait to try.A top notch splash that Im already planning on stocking up on.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Price: I paid $15 shipped. A real bargain for this product. Quality: This is a quality product that should be in every wet shavers cabinet. Fights Razor Burn: I find that Proraso as calms any irritation that I might have from the occasional rough shave. The witch hazel in this product is a real plus. Cooling Sensation: Loads of menthol here. You don't get more cooling sensation than this. Scent: This as has a very old school barber shop type scent. No complaints here. Smells exactly like the balm version of this product. Efficacy: Works great and gets the job done. Moisturizing: For a lotion/splash, this moisturizes very well. After the first time I used this, I was surprised that I didn't need to use a balm or other moisturizing product, like I do when I use most lotion as products. Big plus here. No Alcohol Burn: Almost no alcohol burn when I use this. This lotion gives me less burn that any other splash as. Once again I give it high marks here as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Price: Not bad. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but I think the price is justified.

Quality: Top notch as far as I can tell.

Fights Razor Burn: It does a great job calming my skin down after a shave.

Cooling Sensation: The splash has a nice, refreshing cooling sensation that isn't overwhelming.

Scent: At first it's a pretty modern scent but cools down quickly on my skin and leaves a very subtle fresh, clean scent. I personally enjoy the subtle scent quite a bit.

Efficacy: Top notch.

Moisturizing: As others have said. Not super moisturizing, as it is a splash- but it doesn't dry my skin out too much. I can use the splash on its own in the spring/summer.

No Alcohol Burn: I don't get much of a burn at all from the splash. Maybe a slight tingle but it's very pleasant.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is probably my favorite splash at this time. While not cheap it doesn't carry a heart attack inducing price. I enjoy the smell and having the Proraso ASB as well I can tell you it smells much better and isn't really that similar. In fact sometimes I find I can't stand the kind of funky aroma of the balm, but the splash is nice and light. It doesn't hang around long so not too much cologne interference. For a splash I find it works pretty good on AS burns and the alcohol sting is much more muted than say AV. The menthol kick is nice if you're a fan and it complements the Proraso cream. It's not as powerful as the cream on it's own and also doesn't linger long. I would recommend this splash to anyone who enjoys or doesn't mind products with that menthol bite.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price - Can be found easily for right at $14. I think this is the best bang for your buck for an aftershave.

Quality - Great quality product in a glass bottle, which these days is saying something.

Fights Razor Burn - If I get a bit heavy handed with my razor, this does a great job of cooling the burn mainly due to the menthol.

Cooling Sensation - This isn't the coldest product on the market, but I think it's a happy medium. Cool enough for all year long.

Scent - The scent is great. It's neutral and light, but invigorating.

Efficacy - It does what a splash should do. Goes on lightly, lets you know where you might have been a little heavy, cools your face off, and just generally feels good after a shave.

Moisturizing - IMO, splashes aren't meant to be moisturizing. If you want moisturizing use a balm. That said, it doesn't dry out my face. It just leaves it however moisturized it was from the soap/cream of choice that day.

No Alcohol Burn - If you messed up somewhere you'll feel the burn a bit, but if you had a good shave all you'll feel is the coolness of the menthol.

This is my daily splash... I like it that much and think it should be a part of every shave den. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The Proraso aftershave balm has been a favorite of mine for a while now. Until recently, I had never tried this splash. I can't really say much that hasn't been said in the reviews posted here, but if you haven't tried this stuff yet, and you like Proraso stuff, then order some!

The price is a little steep, but you don't need a whole lot of this product to get the job done. The bottle has a splash top that dispenses the product in nice, small doses. The scent is similar to the balm, and in the same family as the cream, but it's not the same as the cream. I've been using this stuff exclusively for the past two weeks and my face feels great.

Highly recommend!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
For my generation, growing up in the UK in the 70s, aftershave was basically scented alcohol which you knew was working because of the "ouch" factor when applied. Regarding aftershave as a treatment has involved a shift of mindset which I'm quite pleased I've managed. It's interesting to note that the British products which act as a treatment seem to be from high end manufacturers whereas there are a range of European products, Proraso, Speick, Floid, which appear to be aimed at mass markets.

Proraso AS is a great end to a shave started with Proraso Pre, continued with Proraso cream and concluded with a menthol blast . It works extremely well as a treatment; cooling, calming and moisturising in one application. The scent doesn't linger but I wouldn't expect it to. What does last is the cooling moisturising effect.

I know companies sometimes market to men products as a complete range, suggesting that all the products are complementary. Proraso is one range for which this is true.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Does the job, feels weird in the first few minutes but later on leaves the skin smooth and refreshed. To my subjective opinion not on par with Floid or La Toja after shave splashes, but still delivers satisfactory performance.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
It's about time that I review Proraso Splash. I used this product with either a DE or a Straight Razor. I use it every Sunday in my rotation, winter/summer, it doesn't matter. I love this stuff! This is one of the regular and it will remain in there.

Price: This is not the cheapest product in Australia. It varies from $20 to $30 AUD (usually). However, for what you get, I think it's worth it.
Quality: This product feels better than average.
Fights Razor Burn: I think it calms the skin down quite a bit.
Cooling Sensation: I get that icy cool sensation when I put it on, heaps of Menthol but then, not too much either.
Scent: Soapy, barber soap-ish type of scent. Very close to Proraso Green shaving soap.
Efficacy: It get the job done very nicely.
Moisturizing: It feels like dry skin a bit after application but just how I like it.
No Alcohol Burn: It does burn a bit but this one is the AS that burn the least compared to my other splash.

Conclusion: This product is in my current rotation and will remain in it. It works wonders and I do recommend it. In the summer, it's perfect!! :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Price: I find that price has a direct correlation to the quality of your product. I find this splash to be damn near perfect, so it gets an 8 only cause it wasn't free.

Quality: Top notch I say
Fights Razor Burn: It has alcohol in it, but you can't tell when you apply it unless you shaved with a cheese grater I would imagine. I think it helps fight the burn a little.

Cooling Sensation: :lol: Very nice menthol buzz going on with this stuff. Not too much to numb the face, but just enough to really wake you up.

Scent: I can't describe the scent. There is nothing else out there IMHO that smells like it. I love the scent.

**UPDATE*

I have not pinpointed the scent, but I do believe the splash version of proraso to be sweeter in smell than the balm. The balm also smells a little more medicinal IMHO.

Efficacy: Does what it should
Moisturizing: I do believe the witch hazel contributes in this area even to a slight degree. With that said it doesn't dry out your face.

No Alcohol Burn: I didn't notice any...but like mentioned earlier, if you shave with a piece of glass or a cheese grater or a serrated knife, then you will probly get some alcohol burn.

If you like any of the proraso products, you definitely need to invest in this product. Your face will thank you for it. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Well the good and the bad. The good is the scent. It is one that SWMBO picked from the superlather sampler and I have to agree it is one of those nice modern scents. Think a generic aqua di gio. The bad is the performance just stinks for me. It left me dry and I'd rather have used a splash with just Alcohol, Water, and Fragrance over this. After the menthol leaves my face feels discomforted and dry. I have now relegated this splash as an after bath body splash and will not reorder when it runs out. Speick, Musgo, Floid, DRH, SCS are all better by a long shot. I understand everyone's skin is different when finding an aftershave, but this one just doesn't work for me. :thumbdown
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This stuff is trusty and reliable. It does not have an exotic or cologne scent and won't leave you with much of any fragrance after about an hour. But If you value how it feels on the face it's tough to beat. Ingredients such as allantoin, whitchazel and menthol sooth and cool and do a good job of eliminating redness and even acne if you need help in that area as I do. Just don't expect it to double as a cologne. This stuff is strictly business and gets the job done.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Just like all the other proraso products I've used this one does exactly what it's supposed to do and gives a fine finish to a shave. I really love the cooling feeling I get from it after a shave with proraso pre/post and cream. It's a real work horse of an aftershave and alongside speick its the one I turn to most.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is truly fine daily use product and I use it to follow Proraso cream to complete a fine colling daily shave. Price is higher than some mass store available products, but it works much better. I was surprised that there actually some moisturizing properties from this alcohol based splash. I have not tried the balm only the splash and I will continue to use fairly regularly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
i like this very much.

a lovely crisp, clean scent - i just wish it would last longer.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
First of all , i already tried the aftershave balm, i like it but it doesn't end a good Proraso shave like the splash do.
The splash haves a very good smell and a good menthol kick that stay quite a long time.
The best alcohol based after shave i tried so far.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Price: In the neighborhood of $16

Quality: Nice glass bottle, nice packaging

Fights razor Burn: Soothes the skin nicely

Cooling sensation: very cooling, if I apply too much my eyes start to water which I kind of like. :blush:

Scent: Excellent, I really wish they made a proaso EDT

Efficacy: Does what it is supposed to do.

Moisturizing: Not very moisturizing, if used in colder weather I need to follow it up with a ASB

No alcohol burn: Not much burn at all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Very nice, traditional scent. Doesn't smell medicinal at all to me - has a fresh green thing going on to my nose. Works great for what it is. A little on the pricey side but it's worth it. I'm not sure how well it fights razor burn since I rarely get the burn. All in all this one of those staples for the shave den for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
This is a great aftershave product, in line with what you would expect from Proraso.

Price:
I find the price to be good given how long a bottle should last
Quality:
This is a high quality product with quality ingredients. It includes witch hazel as does their Liquid Cream product.
Fights Razor Burn:
For me it does this very, very well and fairly quickly too.
Cooling Sensation:
After a little initial sting from the alcohol this splash has a fantastic mentholated cooling sensation.
Scent:
I like the scent. Kind of a woodsy, ferny, menthol, eucalyptus smell, what you would expect from a Proraso product. I like that the scent lightens up and almost disappears as it dries.
Moisturizing:
Here I think it depends on your skin type. I find this product is well balanced for my skin, leaving it moisturized and not overly dried out.
No Alcohol Burn:
The score is "N/A" because the scoring conveys the opposite of my preference. I would like to score it high here as I like the alcohol sting you get from the Splash, but a high score would represent that there is no burn. Anyway, there is definitely a sting from the alcohol as it goes on but it quickly fades and that great menthol freshness follows.

Overall, a great product. My enjoyment of this product grows the more I use it. For me it is terrific at eliminating razor burn and the cooling sensation of the menthol is something I can't get enough of. I use this liberally after every shave regardless if I have irritation or not.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
umgowa997;1481288 said:
I am looking for the traditional Proraso After Shave, and thought this might be it. Perhaps the word "splash" makes it different. I am new to this and not plugged into all the nuances and variations. Eskimos have 17 different words for "Snow" and it appears that DE shavers have many variations and nuances to their products. I am just looking for the basic traditional Proraso After Shave liquid (which I believe has a menthol scent). Could you please set me straight and tell me what words to use for the product I'm looking for and where to get the stuff? Thanks.

Yep, I believe this is for the splash. I have the splash and the cream. Both are good. If you click on the "go here for the review" in the review above, it will take you to the review. The aftershave splash is on the left in the picture. There is also the aftershave cream/balm on the right. Both are good products.

I also like the Musgo Real aftershave (AS) splash and the balm (AB). I believe those are the proper abbreviations.
Top Bottom