What's new

Prime Platinum

Item Description

Dorco Prime Double-Edge Razor Blades

Prime Platinum is a new innovative product manufactured by Dorco, significant advancement in shaving performance & softness.

Prime Platinum is covered with the Double Coating which provides the soft shave and corrosion-resistance.

With the Double Coating and the new advanced blade, it enables the thinner & finer edge which can cut efforlessly through hair with less skin-irritation & weepers.

Blade
– DORCO CI & Prime printed with Blue colors
Functions
•Soft Shave and Reduce Skin irritation
•Excellent Sharpness & Remarkable First Cut
•Long Enough to Shave

Latest reviews

Pros: Cheap where I bought them.
Cons: They sliced up my face and left it feeling irritated half the night.
When I first got my Van der Hagen-Weishis, I bought a 10-pack of these blades for a dollar even. I don't know if I got a bad pack or if it was only the one I tried out of the container, but I ended up nicking myself all over with these and my face was irritated half the night. Even the typically dull VDH blades were better than the Dorco Prime Platinum. I don't expect to try these again now that have my Astra SPs and a sampler package to try out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Cons: Dull
I just could not get a decent shave out of these blades. They were scratchy feeling on the face and did not cut the whiskers very well even after 5 passes. After only one shave I did not use them again. Cool packaging made me want these blades. I like the basic 301s better. Too bad. I had high hopes for them.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Cool design and may work well with older razors
Cons: Causes Irritation
Just wanted to do a quick review of these new blades I found out about. I got these from my Barber as he had a 100 pack and he said they were sharp.

One thing I should mention is that I had never tried any Dorco Blades before this. They were a bit rough with the two first razors I used. Merkur Futur and Merkur 45 Bakelite. With the first razor I had a lot of irritation and burning. Then, I tried the Merkur 45 and I had some irritation and a weeper.

On the third shave I tried the Gillette adjustable and it felt better. After putting aftershave I did feel some stinging. I don’t know if I will continue to use this blade but I do love the packaging. I will probably use these if I run out of other blades. I give this blade a 6.5/10. Like I said there packaging is really cool.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)