What's new

Prairie Creations Unscented Cream

Item Description

I will start this review with two confessions: (1) I am ridiculously skeptical when it comes to trying new things...if I already have something that works why move away from it and, (2) I have a faulty notion that more $$$ means a better product.

With that out of the way here is my initial impression on Krissy's Prairie Creation Unscented Shaving Cream with the understanding that the only other creams I have used are AoS Unscented (like) and Tabula Rasa (neutral). If it matter s to you I make my lather in a G5 scuttle and shave with a Futur and Iridium Super blade. I used a Simpson Polo 8 brush.

I thought the cream had hardened during shipping. The product is very dense in the jar. It didn't feel very creamy and had me a little concerned. One thing I did like about the consistency is how easy it came off of my finger and into my scuttle. WIth other creams I feel like I am losing a great amount of product because I can't get all of it into the scuttle from my finger (yeah I know I could use my brush to wipe it off, but I am a pretty messy guy and end up flinging shaving cream all over the place that way).

I started out with the same almond size portion that I use with other creams. I have read that this cream likes water and it did take a little more to create the lather than I would normally use, but I also found that using the same almond size portion yields at least 75% more lather than when using other products.

And did this stuff lather! I took a few more swirls, but I think that was because of the initial density of the cream. One thing I really appreciated about this lather was it's "wetness". I lather my entire face when I begin a pass. By the time I get to my chin and mustache area my other cream is dried out. Not this one. The lather did not dry out on my face. The wetness also helped to provide great blade glide across my face.

Two things really helped to propel this cream to my new cream of choice. No matter how light my pressure I have always felt a slight burning after three passes. I did not have it with this cream. Maybe it is my imagination, but I think it also helped to cut down on nicks. I only had one and it didn't even require a styptic touch-up.

It also did a good job of moisturizing. For me MWF soap is hard to beat in this area, I am going to use the P.C. cream for the next week and get a better idea of this, but I am well pleased.

Finally price. At $16.75 plus shipping it isn't the cheapest thing out there. However, I started thinking, which can be dangerous, about the amount of product for that $16.75 in comparison to other creams I have tried. The AoS is $22 for a 5 ounce jar. The P.C. jar contains 7 ounces. Price per ounce is 46% cheaper and for me the P.C. product is superior to the AoS product. Not to mention that is does take less product to create the same amount of lather. When I was in the business world that is what we called a win-win deal. Cheaper price, less product used...better bang for the buck!

I would highly recommend this cream to anyone who uses creams.

Latest reviews

I will start this review with two confessions: (1) I am ridiculously skeptical when it comes to trying new things...if I already have something that works why move away from it and, (2) I have a faulty notion that more $$$ means a better product.

With that out of the way here is my initial impression on Krissy's Prairie Creation Unscented Shaving Cream with the understanding that the only other creams I have used are AoS Unscented (like) and Tabula Rasa (neutral). If it matter s to you I make my lather in a G5 scuttle and shave with a Futur and Iridium Super blade. I used a Simpson Polo 8 brush.

I thought the cream had hardened during shipping. The product is very dense in the jar. It didn't feel very creamy and had me a little concerned. One thing I did like about the consistency is how easy it came off of my finger and into my scuttle. WIth other creams I feel like I am losing a great amount of product because I can't get all of it into the scuttle from my finger (yeah I know I could use my brush to wipe it off, but I am a pretty messy guy and end up flinging shaving cream all over the place that way).

I started out with the same almond size portion that I use with other creams. I have read that this cream likes water and it did take a little more to create the lather than I would normally use, but I also found that using the same almond size portion yields at least 75% more lather than when using other products.

And did this stuff lather! I took a few more swirls, but I think that was because of the initial density of the cream. One thing I really appreciated about this lather was it's "wetness". I lather my entire face when I begin a pass. By the time I get to my chin and mustache area my other cream is dried out. Not this one. The lather did not dry out on my face. The wetness also helped to provide great blade glide across my face.

Two things really helped to propel this cream to my new cream of choice. No matter how light my pressure I have always felt a slight burning after three passes. I did not have it with this cream. Maybe it is my imagination, but I think it also helped to cut down on nicks. I only had one and it didn't even require a styptic touch-up.

It also did a good job of moisturizing. For me MWF soap is hard to beat in this area, I am going to use the P.C. cream for the next week and get a better idea of this, but I am well pleased.

Finally price. At $16.75 plus shipping it isn't the cheapest thing out there. However, I started thinking, which can be dangerous, about the amount of product for that $16.75 in comparison to other creams I have tried. The AoS is $22 for a 5 ounce jar. The P.C. jar contains 7 ounces. Price per ounce is 46% cheaper and for me the P.C. product is superior to the AoS product. Not to mention that is does take less product to create the same amount of lather. When I was in the business world that is what we called a win-win deal. Cheaper price, less product used...better bang for the buck!

I would highly recommend this cream to anyone who uses creams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)