What's new

Prairie Creations Polo Shave Soap

I haven't used the final PC version of Polo but it was one of the scents Krissy used for one of her test soaps early on.

I actually liked the scent but it didn't smell at all like Polo to me either thus the 2 rating. It was a clean/fresh soapy scent but I can't actually liken it to Polo at all.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Zounds! I can't comment on the Polo version, but I can say the Old Spice type soap I have has a nice, subtle Old Spice scent. It's certainly not strong, but it's there.

Somebody who wants a great soap should take the OP up on his offer, because if it shaves anything like the three PC soaps I've had the pleasure of using, then it's a bargain at the original price, and any discount you can get because of the scent not working for the OP will be icing on the cake.
I recently received a tub of Polo scented shave soap from Prairie Creations. I was excited to try it because of the great reviews. Also I enjoy Polo but SWMBO doesn't so I figured if I can't wear the cologne I could at least use a shave soap scented with that excellent scent.

I received the tub and opened it looking forward to the green/piney/leathery kick. I sniffed the soap but no dice. No green, no pine, no leather, no patchouli. In fact, I could barely smell anything at all besides a slightly sweet, slightly nutty, soapy smell. Nothing that could be mistaken for even a cheap knock-off of Polo.:thumbdown

I thought perhaps the scent is locked in the soap and it would emerge when lathered so off to the shave den I headed. I soaked a brush and swirled away. Nope, still no pine, leather, or anything else reminiscent of Polo. The sweet, nutty, awful scent I smelled from the puck just got stronger. :ohmy: I gave the lather high marks because it was thick and felt slick but I couldn't bring myself to put the stuff on my face! :bored:

I contacted Krissy and informed her that perhaps I got the wrong soap. No, no mistake. She insisted that I had gotten the right one. Polo-scented.

So now I hold in my hand a tub of Polo-scented shave soap from Prairie Creations that smells nothing like Polo. I implore you: DO NOT order the Polo-scented soap, you will regret it. Not a bargain at any price. :thumbdown

P.S. This stuff smells so vile I cannot, in good conscience, trade or sell it to anyone as "Polo-scented". Hmmm, perhaps someone will want it as "Mystery Scent". :wink2:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)