What's new

Prairie Creations Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey

Item Description

This is a treat of a shave soap. Right out of the box, the scent is amazing and as I moved the puck into a bowl I noticed how slippery the soap is!

The scent, IMO, is like leather conditioner...which is awesome by me. Maybe it is the beef tallow, maybe it is just me either way the scent is great.

Quality seems to be good. It is not a triple milled soap, but at $5.50 a puck it is a great way to try a tallow soap with out having to pay out the nose (plus Krissy is a heck of a nice person, so you will feel great about doing business with her).

I face lathered this morning with my D01 shavemac. The lather was a little thin, but that could be because I am used to lathering with Mama Bear soaps and I need to adjust the water:soap ratio. While the lather was thin, it was VERY slick. I got a DFS shave with two passes.

The soap is better than average with in terms of moisturizing, but the aftershave from Prairie Creations is wonderful!

Overall, this is a great soap at a great price and will find a place in my rotation...I can't wait to try more scents!

Latest reviews

I unfortunately couldnt use this soap. I shaved with it twice and it set my face on fire. So I thought I wouldnt give up and id do a little experiment. The night after my 2nd shave I washed my face lathered up just to see what would happen. I lathered and left it there about the time it would take to make a pass then I rinsed it off. I noticed some burn. So I lathered again and left it there again as long as it would take to make a pass and the burn set in pretty good by then so I rinsed it off and stopped. The next morning I tried once more thinking maybe I just needed to get used to it. I got the same burning sensation so I rinsed and grabbed some Taylors almond and lathered. It burned a little which has not happened using it so I guess the damage was done and after my shave my face was a little red. I also tried bowl lathering and face lathering and got the same burn. I guess ill need to hold off a day or so before my next shave to give my face time to heal. It looked a little wind burned if I had to describe it. So all in all I guess the PC soap isnt going to work for me. It did give a good shave and I liked the smell.

proxy.php

proxy.php
I ordered three different scents from Krissy and i must start by saying that i was not part of the test team. I think the difference of the soaps is primarily in the scent, although they look and smell different, particularly the Guinness which is no surprise here, is the color of Stout.
The price is extremely reasonable for the size and quality of the soap which for a shaving soap got a 10 in quality. It lathered easily ( I use a bowl/scuttle) with a thick, creamy, rich lather. The lather afforded plenty of glide for the razor which for me can be an issue since I like some control but Prairie Creations was slick enough without succumbing to slickness.
There is no question this is a tallow soap and people can say what they want but a tallowy lather is rich, creamy, cushiony and lasting and this soap fill the bill muy bien. I found it moisturizing and not drying.
My only con is with the Bay Rum scent, then scents can vary as tastes and opinions do and in this case it was a little flowery for Bay Rum.
I would like to give Krissy kudos for taking the challenge of making an artisan tallow soap and do it right, and the fact that she gets her ingredient from the local herd and butcher, make no mistake this is an excellent and organic product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a treat of a shave soap. Right out of the box, the scent is amazing and as I moved the puck into a bowl I noticed how slippery the soap is!

The scent, IMO, is like leather conditioner...which is awesome by me. Maybe it is the beef tallow, maybe it is just me either way the scent is great.

Quality seems to be good. It is not a triple milled soap, but at $5.50 a puck it is a great way to try a tallow soap with out having to pay out the nose (plus Krissy is a heck of a nice person, so you will feel great about doing business with her).

I face lathered this morning with my D01 shavemac. The lather was a little thin, but that could be because I am used to lathering with Mama Bear soaps and I need to adjust the water:soap ratio. While the lather was thin, it was VERY slick. I got a DFS shave with two passes.

The soap is better than average with in terms of moisturizing, but the aftershave from Prairie Creations is wonderful!

Overall, this is a great soap at a great price and will find a place in my rotation...I can't wait to try more scents!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)