What's new

Prairie Creations Cedar Tallow Shaving Stick

Pros: knock off
Cons: knock off
This looks like a knock off of the quality product , Muscle Stick and Moisture Stick, from Naples Soap Company.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
I feel a small background may be useful here. I've been wet shaving for about 9 months now, give or take a couple weeks. I started out with straight razors and later went back and picked up a few DE's. My first shave with this particular soap was with a Gillette Old Type, a very aggressive, open comb razor, loaded with a Feather. Anyway, the soaps/creams that I stock (and am using as a basis for comparison) are: creams: Proraso, TOBS, Ingram, Erasmic. Soaps: MWF, Irisch Moos, D.R. Harris, Col. Conk. I've used others, but these are currently in my stash. Ok, enough of that. Now about this Prairie Creations stuff...

Let's get down to it:

Price - You can't beat it. I paid $5.99 for this stick. Honestly, and I hope Krissy doesn't read this part, I would have paid more. Easily the best deal on soaps/creams I've found thus far.

Quality - Here it may be pertinent to list what I'm comparing this to. I use MWF, Irisch Moos, and D.R. Harris soaps regularly. The Irisch Moos out performs PC, but only just. I think PC edges out the Moos in moisturizing, but that isn't much of a factor for me since I have oily skin to start with.

Scent - It brings me to tears just thinking about it. I love the scent of the cedar essential oil! It smells like cedar, and as I sit here at my desk at work (yeah, it's a slow day) I can still smell the faint scent of cedar beneath the tropical bay rum AS. The scent is absolutely OUTSTANDING!

Lather - Ok, I'm a little picky here. I had to reapply the stick to my face for my second pass. This isn't a big deal at all, but I don't have to with my Irisch Moos stick. I can fill my brush with enough lather for three passes with Moos. That being said, the lather from the PC was great. It took me a minute to get the water amount right, but once I did I got the slickest, most cushion-y lather I could ever ask for. Seriously, the stuff is slicker than gorilla snot. Made for a fantastic shave.

Efficacy - Like I already said, the shave was phenomenal. Very slick lather with plenty of cushion. I used a very aggressive, open comb razor loaded with a Feather blade. (What can I say, I like aggressive shaves.) Even with that set up, I had zero irritation.....none. Furthermore, the shave was very close, among the closest shaves I've had.

Moisturizing - Okay, I'm not a good judge of this. I don't have issues with dryness. I know that my face feels great right now, better than after using Proraso, D.R. Harris, or most of the other soaps/creams I frequent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)