What's new

Porter's Shaving Soap

I picked this up after stumbling across it on the internet. The box contains two small white pucks, very hard and initially appeared to be glycerin soaps.

The scent is not unpleasant. A fresh citrus grassy scent.

I was unable to generate any meaningful lather with this soap. The lather I did create was thin and dissipated quickly. I tried several times with different brushes but I was ultimately unsuccessful. The soap provided very minimal lubrication and virtually no cushioning. I would liken it to shaving with bath soap but with less lubrication. It reminded me of some type of facial cleanser instead of soap.

I also found the hard latherless pucks made for unplesant bath soap. There is always a chance the soap reacted unfavorably with the water in my area but I have had no problems with the multitude of other soaps I have tried.

Overall I do not recommend this soap. :thumbdown
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I too had some difficulty making an effective and long lasting lather, but I noticed improvement over a period of a week or two. I am sure that my technique improved. The properly made lather lasted enough to shave, but I needed to relather the brush for the second pass. Porters has a very pleasant aroma and worked well in the summer. I recommend trying this soap and exercising patience in learning how to use it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)