What's new

Poor Man's Scuttle

This looks like a good idea. An affordable and available scuttle at a reasonable price. Way to go Dennis.:thumbup:
I have a small violet pot ($10 at most ) that I use as my scuttle that works fabulously. I fill a large 2 cup Pyrex cup with RO water and put it in the microwave. I use the beverage setting to get the water just hot enough. I then fill the outside part of my violet pot to the line I’ve drawn, put the inside part in and put in the remaining water. I soak my brush for a while in this hot water and then put my microfiber face cloth into this same hot water using my brush to make sure it is totally submerged. Then I lift out the inside part, moving my already wet brush into the water of the outside part of the violet pot to keep it hot and wet. I dump the hot face cloth into the sink and put the inside part back into the hot water after shaking the proper amount of water out of the brush. I add my shave cream directly to the brush and start making lather in the now hot unglazed inside bowl . I find that the unglazed lower part of the bowl really creates the perfect surface for fast lathering. After my lather is the right consistency, I take the very hot face cloth that has cooled enough by now from the sink and apply to my face for the final step prior to lathering. I am sending you pictures of my little violet pot so you can see what I am using. I like the fact that the inside has a large wide collar to remove it for dumping the hot wet face cloth into the sink so I don’t burning my fingers.
The violet pot is sometimes called a self watering plant pot as the inside bottom portion is not glazed so it can slowly let the water from the outside shell seep through the pottery into the soil for the plant. Violets are very sensitive to over watering so this was the solution. They are found where plant pots are sold such as Home Depot, Lowes and plant nurseries.

View attachment 62199

View attachment 62200

View attachment 62201

View attachment 62202

View attachment 62203
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability