What's new

Plisson #16 HMW in Natural Horn

Item Description

After reading about Plisson brushes, I ordered a a #16 in High Mountain White (HMW) from Atkinsons of Vancouver. I received it towards the end of July. The brush is a two-banded one, excellent for soaps.

Price:About $470, net of the 20% discount given by Atkinsons of Vancouver to B&B members. It cost me less, but I bought it in July when the conversion rate from Can$ to US$ was better.

Quality:I have used this brush five times and I have lost two bristles in total. This is the best brush I have ever used. (I also have a Simpson Chubby 3 and a Simpson Tulip 3, both in super badger.) It looks beautiful and feels great in my hand when using it. It has the European light-bulb shape and it has bloomed beautifully. I have used it with three different triple-milled soaps and it makes copious amounts of very rich lather; plenty of a three-pass shave plus touch-ups. It feels very soft

Density:The brush is quite dense, but not as dense as my Chubby 3 was when it was new.

Stiffness of Tips:The tips are stiff enough to make copious amount of lather with hard soaps when I lather in a bowl.

Softness of Tips: The brush feels floppy and soft on my face when I paint lather on it. It is truly a luxurious feeling.

Ergonomic:the brush is excellently balanced and feels great in my hand when using it.

Latherability:As I said above, it makes copious amounts af very rich lather using any good triple-milled soap.

A few words about Atkinsons of Vancouver. (www.atkinsonsofvancouver.com) Atkinsons is one of the few suppliers of Plisson brushes to the U.S. market. One of the downsides of ordering from them is that they charged my credit card in May, when I placed the order.Despite this problem, I found both Atkinson brothers to very helpful over the phone. When I ordered the brush in May, I also ordered a brush stand which I was told they would receive at the beginning of July, but was not actually received by them until near the end of July. When I inquired about the status of the brush and told them that my card had been charged two months prior, they gave me a cake of Joris shaving soap as a gift to try to make things right with me. I appreciated that very much

Latest reviews

After reading about Plisson brushes, I ordered a a #16 in High Mountain White (HMW) from Atkinsons of Vancouver. I received it towards the end of July. The brush is a two-banded one, excellent for soaps.

Price:About $470, net of the 20% discount given by Atkinsons of Vancouver to B&B members. It cost me less, but I bought it in July when the conversion rate from Can$ to US$ was better.

Quality:I have used this brush five times and I have lost two bristles in total. This is the best brush I have ever used. (I also have a Simpson Chubby 3 and a Simpson Tulip 3, both in super badger.) It looks beautiful and feels great in my hand when using it. It has the European light-bulb shape and it has bloomed beautifully. I have used it with three different triple-milled soaps and it makes copious amounts of very rich lather; plenty of a three-pass shave plus touch-ups. It feels very soft

Density:The brush is quite dense, but not as dense as my Chubby 3 was when it was new.

Stiffness of Tips:The tips are stiff enough to make copious amount of lather with hard soaps when I lather in a bowl.

Softness of Tips: The brush feels floppy and soft on my face when I paint lather on it. It is truly a luxurious feeling.

Ergonomic:the brush is excellently balanced and feels great in my hand when using it.

Latherability:As I said above, it makes copious amounts af very rich lather using any good triple-milled soap.

A few words about Atkinsons of Vancouver. (www.atkinsonsofvancouver.com) Atkinsons is one of the few suppliers of Plisson brushes to the U.S. market. One of the downsides of ordering from them is that they charged my credit card in May, when I placed the order.Despite this problem, I found both Atkinson brothers to very helpful over the phone. When I ordered the brush in May, I also ordered a brush stand which I was told they would receive at the beginning of July, but was not actually received by them until near the end of July. When I inquired about the status of the brush and told them that my card had been charged two months prior, they gave me a cake of Joris shaving soap as a gift to try to make things right with me. I appreciated that very much
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)