What's new

Pirates Cove Lime Shaving Soap

Unlike previous reviews, my puck was a bright clear green, not a dark blue green color. The scent is strong but rather than smelling like a citrus lime, it smells like the lime scent you would find in candy.

It lathers easily, provides plenty of moisture and rinses off clean.

Super fast shipping. The packaging did stick to the puck a little but a quick rinse of warm water took the leftover bits right off. It melted easily into a container.

If you like lime, you may want to try it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
It's got it all - lather, aroma, lubrication. My personal favorite these days!
This stuff is a great deal, that's for sure, but the previous post was correct about two things; the color and the wrapper. Simply read the previous post for info.

I would like to add that the reason I gave a 7 on quality was for the following reason: I deducted one point for the wrapper sticking to the puck, one for the color of the soap, and one for my own experience, which was that this soap dried out when left in an un-covered mug and lost much of its aroma after only a week. Keep in mind, I could always cover it, but that's just not a step I'm willing to incorporate into my morning ritual of using a Merkur stainless bowl. It is just too pretty to cover with anything that isn't a lid made for it, and so any soap like this I use must retain it's moisture/oils or whatever it is without my covering it.

All in all, GREAT deal for the soap, and it does smell really great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
First if you like lime you will like this soap. The scent is strong and pure lime. Kind of sweet but really nice. The scent is quite a lot stronger than Mama bears. It stays with you through the shave too.

Some others have complained about getting the wrapper off and yeah, it's a pain to get that tissue peeled away in some places. But I managed it. When I got it open I was greeted by an amazing scent and a horrifying blue-green color. Yeah, it's kind of a weird color but it sure works! The lather wasn't as thick as Mama Bear, but the scent was much stronger and it worked extremely well. I had what seems like the best soap shave ever from this stuff. BBS was a snap, with zero irritation even in trouble spots.

The soap (glycerine based) wiped cleanly from my face and left nothing behind, although it doesn't seem to have dried me out at all. So that's OK. Overall this is a very fine soap and for $3 you can't beat it. Tom at Pirates Cove communicates and ships well, so buy with confidence.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)