What's new

Pirate's Cove Bay Rum and Ginger

Item Description

I most recently used Col. Conk Bay Rum -- a very respectable, well-established brand -- but I think this soap is even better. First off, I bought it for $3.00 (!!) on eBay, which is an amazing bargain, especially considering that it is a quite large cake. Secondly, it has a more lingering and subtle scent (which could be the addition of the ginger). It is a rather hard, brown cake, which made me a bit nervous about the lather, but this concern proved to be unfounded. Although it isn't the very best lather I have experienced, it was more than adequate. Where Pirate's Cove excels, however, is in the sensuousness of the feeling. It is a soap that lubricates and moisturizes as well as the very best soaps, quite a bit better than most. After using it, I feel smooth and moist the whole day.

Here is what the soap's maker ("wilsonti" on eBay) has to say:
"You are bidding today on a cake of Pirate’s Cove handmade pure glycerin Bay Rum & Ginger Shaving Soap. Our soaps are hand blended with pipettes using Bay Rum Oil, Ginger Essential Oil, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, & Rosemary Oil.
Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E are well known for their natural antioxidant & moisturizing properties. Rosemary Oil is a natural astringent.
This soap is delightfully aromatic, will produce a rich lather, and will leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed. A wonderful blend of island fragrances. Give it a try, we think you’ll love it."

I do love it.
attachment.php
attachment.php

OK, there is one relatively minor negative. The tissue paper in which the soap comes wrapped is flimsy and gets stuck on the soap. This requires about five minutes of careful peeling and scratching to extricate the wrapping from the soap. You can see this very clearly in the photos in Joel's review of the Pirate's Cove Bay Rum and Lime.
attachment.php

Still, this is a terrific product for a great price.

Edit: The more I use the Pirate's Cove, the better lather I am able to produce. Because of the hardness of the soap, it takes a few more strokes to generate good lather. But those extra strokes are worth making, because this soap really does produce copious and sensuous lather.

Latest reviews

One of the best glycerine shave soaps out there, this stuff is superlative. The scent is sharp, masculine and has amazing depth. I use it for both my face and head.

As soon as it runs out i'm gonna make sure another is at hand!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I tried this soap for the first time yesterday. Today my Bert's Bees Bay Rum soap was religated to the shower. There is no better soap that I have tried that can beat it for value and quality.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Since the reviews are so positive I just purchased 3 pucks. I am sure they will be excellent.

Item information

Added by
MichaelB
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from MichaelB

Top Bottom