What's new

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave

Item Description

I was really looking forward to liking Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

Every spring I look forward to the blooming of the lilac bushes in my yard. I love to smell them in the early mornings after a run. I also like the smell of vegetation, be it the smell of my hands after weeding the garden, the smell of fresh mowed lawn, even the smell of decaying vegetation in a compost pile, wafted discretely on the wind, has a certain attraction. Ed Pinaud had a genius with scents, creating some masterpieces like Eau de Quinine. The Pinaud brand has fragrances like Clubman and Bay Rum that I really enjoy. My imagination told me that the Pinaud Lilac Vegetal was going to be a treat I would enjoy.

It wasn’t. It does not smell like lilacs. It doesn’t smell much like vegetation either.

It smells very much like Play-Doh.

It might be good for going out to entertain some of the primary-school set to whom Play-Doh is fascinating, but for other occasions I would pass on this smell. As an after-shave it’s ok if you ignore the smell.

The discussion thread for this review is here. If you don't want to rate the product, please post in the discussion thread so as not to skew the review scores.

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent
Cons: None
There is no more perfect aftershave made. If you are able to wear this then you really understand the meaning of perfection in a splash. Great feel but better yet is the scent of lilacs and green vegetation. It never gets old. You can't use too much either. It's just perfect in every way. Best aftershave at any price in my book.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent price
Cons: plastic bottle
This seems to have less of an alcohol burn than any other Pinaud product I've used. As many people in this thread have stated, this smells like a different product in glass. After I decanted this into glass I had a subtle, long lasting scent that reminded me of flowers by a country pond. In the plastic, there is a biting, sour odor that fades, but is not pleasant.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lilac Vegatal is Great!!
Cons: None
found this product at the Bed Bath & Beyond on West 15th St. in Plano Texas, West of US 75. I tried a bottle based on comments from others in the B&B forum. I am not disappointed. The scent is great. It should work well with my various creams (Godrej, Yardley Ellegance, Pacific Shave Cream-regular, and PSC--Cafenated. My wife even complimented it's scent!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)