What's new

Pinaud Clubman Musk

Pros: scent
Cons: none
Received a free sample of this. Very powdery scent, almost the after scent of classic Clubman. Mild, not bitter at all, long lasting.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Long lasting, smells great
Cons: High alcohol burn
This is a really fabulous scent. Kind of a blend of classic Clubman and Special Reserve. It's a bit more mellow than Clubman. But still a classic barbershop scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Dug this one out from the back of the shave den and boy am I glad I did; it's officially now on my short list of favorites.

Listen up, haters of Clubman: this stuff is your answer if you're not exactly keen on the intensity of regular Clubman, but still love that barbershop smell. Alas, sorry to you lovers of musk, there's really no significant musk note in this one as the name would imply. Don't let that discourage you, though.

Price - Atlanta Barber Supply sells 6oz for a little over $5, so price really isn't even an issue.

Quality - Pinaud is known for selling inexpensive products for the discerning gentleman who cares about quality; this one is no exception. It's Pinaud quality, dig?

Fights Razor Burn - I normally don't get any, but tonight I shaved with one of my Sheffield wedges unstropped. No blood bath at all, but did get a very minor case of burn. Nevertheless, this stuff knocked it out immediately.

Scent - This is where Clubman Musk really shines. Even watered down, regular Clubman can be a bit, let's say, err...intrusive. You have to monitor the amount very carefully. Clubman Musk is quite a bit lighter, if not a little understated.

There is no significant musk note, but that should be no deterrent. The scent is not fleeting, but stays calm and docile while staying close to the skin. It also has a slight hint of sweetness and a bit more powder. If any of you are familiar with Avon Wild Country, you'll have a decent idea of what Clubman Musk smells like. It's very, very pleasant.

Efficacy - It's Pinaud.

No Alcohol Burn - For an alcohol-based aftershave, I'd normally leave this field blank, but I had to put a bit in here because, even with a slight case of razor burn and a few minor nicks, I experienced absolutely zero alcohol burn. None at all. Nada. It's like slapping water on after a shave. YMMV, of course.

Conclusion: Buy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn