What's new

Pinaud Clubman AfterShave Lotion

Pros: Who doesn't like Alcohol in the morning?!?!
Cons: Would like it to be clear and in a GLASS BOTTLE!!!
Nice classic powdery scent......lasts all day.....needs to be in a glass bottle. Not sure but the smaller bottle sold in the drugstore is more potent than the larger one sold to barber shops. The scent if definitely stronger in the smaller bottle. I prefer the less potent bigger bottle. However the one in the smaller bottle is much older. However I love this stuff....I love to spill it on my clothes too!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: scent price
Cons: none
There's a bit of burn and very little cooling with this classic scent, but OMG, I love the smell. It really does remind me of the barbershops when I was a kid, the scent of Vitalis as the old men would smoke while getting their hair cut. The scent is very powerful so I do dilute with a bit of water, but I make sure to get the mustache so I can enjoy the scent for as long as possible.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is such a great aftershave! I use it throughout the fall&winter months, and where I live there are many days in those seasons. 205 years old(since its official beginning in France)and I hope it continues for a long long time.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Good Performance, Excellent Value
Cons: Scent does not last long
This is a CLASSIC alcohol-based AS. It has a nice scent that does not linger (great to use before going to work). Do NOT expect this to moisturize or to fight burn-it is an alcohol-baled AS. It works and the PRICE is RIGHT. Great value
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent
You either know this product already, or you've smelled it before and likely loved it.

If you don't know, this was the stuff at the old barbershop that smelled so great and smelled so clean.

It gets lots of compliments and lots of questions.

Truth is, it's not the best AS overall, but the best smelling AS there is, IMO.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic scent, price
Cons: burn baby burn
Just an absolute classic that should be in every man's shaving chest. The smell is ageless regardless of how many claim it smells like granddad and the old barber shops. Brings me back to a different time.

It burns when you put it on. So you better like burn. :)

Love the stuff and thankful it's still around.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: The classic barbershop scent.
Cons: None.
I have been using this for several months. It has the classic barbershop scent (at least for me), always reminding me of my visits to the barber. The scent is strong at first but mellows quickly, so only you can notice the subtle scent. Face feels great after applying it, it doe snot dry out my face even when used during the winter months.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Love how it makes my face feel
This is some good aftershave! For the price, you can't beat it! Reminds me of my childhood barbershop! The fragrance last all day. Always receive compliments on how it smells. Don't take my word go get a bottle. Bought my at CVS Drug Store!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic scent
Cons: None
Smell that brings back memories of boot camp. Not the most effective aftershave but the scent is great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap and easy to find
This smells like a barbershop, great price and lasts along time. more of a sweet smell than musk.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells Like Grandpa, Easy To Find, Cheap
Cons: Smells Like Grandpa
For the smell alone, Clubman is so worth it. Takes you back to the old days. Funny, now with fewer and fewer people having experienced Clubman, you do not get the reaction of "...you smell like my drill sergeant back in Korea." The aroma is rather bold, sure. But its of a timeless positive quality.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent
Simply the best if you like a bit of a burn after a shave. Priced right and travels well in a plastic bottle.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic scent
This is an excellent product. Love the scent - it reminds me of something that my grandfather used to have. It's hard to get in Australia and you will pay more that what our friends in the US pay because of shipping. Overall is a great product for that classic feel.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: great old time Barber Scent,not too overpowering if used moderately
Cons: not much moisterizing ,need to follow up with balm
This was my dads aftershave when I was little,therefore became my aftershave when I started shaving and has been in my cabinet ever since and even remember splashing some on when I was a kid and the teachers would compliment me .In high school while other kids were wearing "trendy"Adidas,Polo,Drakkar that spoiled as they sweat or as the day ended ,I was wearing Clubman and always got the "you smell clean " compliments ,and this aftershave compliments the talc I used as a deodorant.I never got the "you smell like a old man" comment either.As far as the scent goes,it doesnt have that chemical artificial scent that makes your eyes water like some aftershaves and colognes ,but a a very "clean" I just got out of the barber shop shaven shower scent ,it just smells MACHO and MANLY and its that scent that others have tried to duplicate,but fail.As an aftershave splash,yes,it burns like the pits of hell,but it usually cools down after a moment ,but I use it mostly after shaving as an antiseptic toner that heals the nicks and calms razor burn .It has not much moisturizing properties of a balm,so I usually follow with some sort of moisturizer afterwards.And the price for a large 12 oz bottle is hard to beat.I encourage the younger shavers to give this a try.Stop smelling like a boy and put away the AXE and start smelling like a man,a CLUBMAN.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great price and scent
Cons: Contains alcohol
This is the best ever IMHO. I love how cheap and great smelling this is. Couldn't be happier with this product
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Good scent, long lasting, not too powerful
Well, I had been wetshaving for over a month when I got the courage to try this aftershave, being only 29 years of age, I wasn't sure it would work for me. Boy, was I wrong! I noticed a bottle that had been opened in a drug store and I unscrewed the cap and sniffed, didn't think much of the scent, but it reminded me of the barbershop when I was younger. Few weeks later, I bought a bottle, and after work I splashed some on for the car ride home. The scent was love at first splash!

The scent, for me, grows in complexity as the work day or any day moves on. When my face gets warm at work (rushing around or joking and get a bit embarrassed) I get a nice whiff of it and it calms my soul! My girlfriend says its powdery, and I guess to an extent, it is. There is definitely a citrus musky smell in there as well, it all adds up beautifully!

I use Witch Hazel after every shave and before any scented aftershave, but the Clubman will let me know of my shave quality. If I feel a tingle, I had some minor irritation, If I feel some burn, I had a bad shave (mostly with bad blades), and if I don't really feel anything but the cooling alcohol effect, I know I got a great shave and my face is going to feel like a million bucks! I do need AS Balm during drier weather, but that is my face, not the AS.

For the price, I don't see anything in the league. Yes, there are the dollar store aftershaves that smell good and make my face feel good as well, but I enjoy the Clubman scent the most. Definitely an AS that should be in everyone's shave den!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap and works well
Cons: A bit powdery
I got this one sent as a PIF to me as this is not something that you can easily find down under. I was quite happy to be able to try one of the “commonly” available Aftershaves from the USA.

SWMBO loves it (plus for this product). I would describe this scent as being a bit powdery, top note would be something sweet like liquorice. Late on, I would get a woodsy type of scent. I think this product works very well and I do enjoy it quite a bit. This one will be a regular for sure.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap
Cons: smell
A Tad too sweet right of the nose. Dilution can be recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: nice complex scent
Cons: longer alcohol burn
I bought this after receiving a response to one of my posts in which I asked which aftershaves seemed to have the longest lasting fragrances and Clubman was one of them. I bought from a local CVS for about $7.00. Initially, I was not sure I liked the fragrance of it, but over time it grew on me. I would describe the scent as a rather powdery fougere. It is the only aftershave I have ever tried in which the scent could last practically all day. I could see how the scent could overpower a more subtle cologne. The alcohol burn also lasts longer than any other other aftershave I've tried. I would describe my skin type as normal to slightly oily, and it does not seem to be drying to my skin. I'm not sure if it will become a permanent fixture in my rotation, but it is a classic shaving item, and I'm glad I tried it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
All in all a very nice aftershave.Even got a complement from one of the women that work at the vitamin shoppe!
Top Bottom