What's new

PH Classic Stainless Steel

Pros: "Built like a tank", looks great, shaves fine
Cons: Knurling on handle feels a little rough. Some may make find it too heavy.
My first impression was that the knurled handle surface was a little rough, but I'm getting used to it. Second impression was that it provided the best shave I've ever had.

Some have complained that the Weber head makes the blade "wave" when tightened. I saw a very slight case of this with the provided Astra blade, but not enough to affect the shave. I didn't see this at all with the slightly thicker Feather and Personna Comfort Coated SS blades.

The head looks similar to my Merkur 33C, but gave a smoother shave. The handle looks and feels like a tool that you could convert it into a screw driver or a file :). Very American design. Personally I'm very happy with the quality and shave.

displayimage.php
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: All Stainless Construction, Price, Heft of Razor, Quality of Build
Cons: None
Having recently migrated back to DE shaving, I was breaking in with a VDH razor to get the technique back, but was in the market for an upper end razor, thus beginning the trek through razor nirvana. I was sold on the SS material simply for wear, ease of cleaning, and overall longevity. Was about to pull the trigger o the AS-2D, however I read a post about Weber and based on reviews and the fact it is made here in the USA, I decided to give it a go, and boy I am glad I did

It was received 9/29/2014 so 1st shave was set for 9/30/2014. Unbelievable fast shipping!

No presentation box, just nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and just the facts mam, no fluff

Having heard that this razor is mildly aggressive more so than a 34C I decided to use a Gillette Silver Blue blade I had previously shaved with for two-days.

Overall impressions:

The shave was incredible 3 -passes WTG, XTG, ATG with uber lather, and it was by far the closest shave I have ever had, with no Razor burn, nicks, etc.

The heft of the razor made it a very light touch using the weight of the head perfect

Handle is just the right length for ease and the knurling and grip was outstanding

blade replacement is a snap as with all 3-piece razors and the overall quality of the polishing on the head was superb.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
plus saving about $155.00 for a SS Razor was the icing on the cake,

doing a direct comparison to the ASD2I would say it is every bit as good and would put it up to any other SS razors on the market.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)