What's new

Peter Thomas Roth 21st Century Shave Cream

Item Description

Huge disgusting disappointment:thumbdown I bought it on a lark. On clearance at Marshalls the price for a large 8 oz tub was only $6 (MSRP $21, can you believe it?) . The label read like a dream cream. "Fragrance Free, advanced PTR technology, soothes, prevents cuts and razor irritation, with vitamin E, pro vitamin B5, allantoin, for all skin types including sensitive." Open it up and it looks like a decent cream. Smells rather mildly medicinal.

So, soak my brush in hot water, dab a little cream on and start whipping in the lather bowl. What's this? It's not lathering:confused: Maybe a bit more water. Nope, its just smearing around. OK, maybe more cream. No luck. Maybe more yet. That's not it either:angry: Wait a minute, I wonder if this stuff might be ruining my brush:eek: Well, its all over my brush, too late now. Might as well try it.

I smear it all over my face. Its not lather, its sticky, greasy, slimey, grey goop. I do manage to spread it around my face although I really had to drag the brush around and scrub to get it to stick to my face rather than my brush. Surprisingly, it does allow me to shave, but it is hard to rinse off the razor, and it feels like there is a film of grease left on my face. I can't stand the thought of smearing more of this on my face, so I rinse the brush and lather bowl and whip up a batch of Kiss My Face for the 2nd and 3rd passes. I am relieved that my brush does not seem to have suffered any lasting ill effects.

In summary, I can't find much to recommend this so-called cream. I have a feeling it is meant to be spread on the face without whipping into a lather or using a brush. Stay away.

http://www.peterthomasroth.com/peterthomasroth_products.asp?prod=shavinghttp://www.peterthomasroth.com/peterthomasroth_products.asp?prod=shaving

Latest reviews

Outside of the fancy packaging, not much can be said for this cream. After the shave, I swear it made my face feel like rubber. Very strange. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
It is possible that it's also brushless? Some brushless creams make a hell of a mess when you add water and try to lather them up and they don't lather. I'm not a fan of brushless since it cuts out one of the most pleasurable steps IMO but it might explain the lousy performance.
Found mine at TJ Maxx on sale. Had an almost identical experience to yours. Left my brush feeling greasy and grungy. Had to shampoo my brush a couple of times to get it back to normal. Chunked mine immediately!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)