What's new

Personna Sensitive One-Blade Dispoables.

All the disposables that I have tried have been extremely poor shavers.Disgusting things. YMMV.
I decided to buy some of these the other say since i was at the Dollar Tree. They were a bonus pack 10+2 for a $1.

After two crappy shaves and a few nicks im done. I have not been able to get good shaves out of the 1 blade disposables. Even the Bic's didnt do good for me. I dont know if the Bics i used (since its been years) were for sensitive skin razors like the ones now but i do remember my face was tore up and bloody. But at the time i was using squirt can lather and probably pressing down with the force of a few metric tons etc.

For some reason i do better with twin blade disposable/carts.

For a buck you dont have anything to loose trying these.
Remembering "Boyextraordinare" review I was walking by a Dollar Store and thought about these razors. For the price of $1 for a 10/pack I thought what the hell and bought a pack.

Not bad but not great.

Got a DFS using VDH soap and doing two WTG passes.

The problems I have with these razors are they are so light that I find myself pressing down and shaving fast. Not a good thing. Still I took my time and applied minimum pressure and the result was a Damn Fine Shave. Also the handle is not the strongest made but it shouldn't prevent you from getting a good shave.

These razors are made by the American Safety Razor Co.
I believe these razors are the same as ones found at Walgreen, CVS etc as those cheap alternatives.
Which by the way cost twice as much!

Is this a replacement for BIC Sensitive, No.

But if you are traveling light or want to save some money and get a bargain I would highly recommend these blades if you can get them for a $1 a pack.

David
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
0.00 star(s)
I often like to use BIC disposables, which perform admirably but blunt remarkably quickly.

At the dollar store the other day, I saw these plastic throwaways selling at the attractive price 1 bone for 10 razors, so I said what the hell and bought a pack.

Well, I must say these razors blow BICs out of the water. Their overall construction feels just as robust - which is to say not robust - but I like their feel and balance. Make no mistake - they are exceedingly light-weight, but they shave like a dream, their blades seemingly lasting forever.

Using one today with which I've shaved the majority of my body some three times coupled with l'Occitane SS delivered one of the best face-shaves I've had in a long time. No fuss, no irritation - 3 passes in 3 minutes while simultaneously arguing with my GF.

I love these razors. Not as fun or as classy-feeling to use as a DE or Str8 but the results are spectacular.

II.

The grip I gave an 8, not because they're slippery when wet - they're not - but because the handle is a bit short for my liking. BIC puts out better-lengthed razors. Not a deal breaker by any means.

Aggressiveness I gave a zero because I feel these razors are as gentle as it gets. At the same time they last long and cut hairs beautifully.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)