What's new

Personna Platinum (Israeli)

Item Description

First of all, I can't believe I'm the first to review these...

I'm calling these "Derby's Twin" because for me thats how they act. However, I get a slightly less irrritating shave on the first shave of the blade with the Derbys.

To date, I've shaved with American Personnas, Merkurs, Derbys, these, and Swedish Gillettes.

Price: The price is right on ebay, about 15 cents US a piece when bought in bulk. I'm giving them a 9 because I feel local access to US personnas at wal-mart for 15.6 cents a piece is a better value given the quantity.

Quality: Compared to thier american counterparts, these are excellent. They don't rust, are pretty consistent, and give a good shave.

Sharpness: I put the Derby slightly ahead of these, but they are no match for a fresh swede.

Longevity: I usually dispose of these after the third or fourth shave, but could probably get more out of it if I tried. I witheld the 10 because they do have a noticeable dropoff after day 2, then plateau through to day 5.

Smoothness: A lot of people swear by them, but I find the Derby smoother.

Packaging: Bulk wax paper and cardboard. No thanks. Derby, at the same price, at least gives you a plastic case to help prevent incidental bending in the supplies drawer.

Latest reviews

These left my skin irritated! The cut was rough for sure, especially on my neck. The blade had trouble cutting hair on my neck and I prepped very well. I had to use a lot of balm to fix my face after the cutting I received. My face is smooth but very irritated.. I like the RED IP's better.. Trying 7'oclock yellows and blacks next and the sputnik teflons after that..
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
My favorite, after a year of globetrotting through manufacturers via teh interwebs searching, ever searching.

Less than U.S. $0.14 per blade delivered to my door. Great price for an all-round solid performer!

For me, the comfort factors all add up such that no other blade does for me what these do. These are generally accounted good middle of-the-road blades; for me they are top-shelf. Sure there are sharper brands, some last longer, but a sharp, forgiving blade is a treasure for me. A#1! :thumbup:
Worked just fine in my Rotbart with Cella. Nice clean shave, hardly any irritation. Give it a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)