What's new

Personna Medical Prep Blade

Great all around performer....smooth, sharp, longevity, etc. Packaging is a bit of a pain as I got them from ems and are in a 250 pack loose more or less. A bit harder to obtain than most other blades due to their medical marketing. Price similar to other premium blades but in this case I think it warrants it. I like these a lot more than any of the other personna blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
My go-to blade is the red personna. Anyone know where I can get some of these that'll ship to Canada?
I'd buy 100 and try 'em out. If I hate them I'll just give them to other DE shavers.
These blades have been my daily shave. I really enjoy them. I can load one in my Gillette SS on Monday and shave through Friday.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Just tried them (thanks again Cap'n.) Anyway, I feel they are good not great. It is apparent that they are made to be very effective and very inexpensive one-use blade for use in a medical setting. That is to say, a second use is not expected. And it shows. To my face, they were a bit rough and the blade did not appear to be coated. Got decent but not great shaves. For the $25@100 they go for there are certainly much better blades out there to be had at lower prices like Bluebirds and Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless among others. So, I was glad to try them and will use the remaining few I have left but that's it. Rest assured your life will be complete even if you never try them.

Overall: :thumbdown on both quality and price/value relationship
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I received a sample pack from CaptainK and I must say, I was anxious to test these blades because of their reputation.

The price is not the best on the market, but for me the biggest issue is the availability outside US.

The quality is superb, as intended for medical use.

This is by far the smoothness blade I've tried, it cuts your stubble and you won't feel it :laugh:

The sharpness is quite good, but not sharp as a Feather blade (but quite close).

It lasted 5 shaves, in the last shave I had some irritation, but the blade was still cutting like crazy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
$1.00 at the dollar stores or $6.49 at cvs pharmacy for the regular personnas ,and yes,very tough to get low shipping and/or small quantities of the medical blades....I will try my first medical blade soon,and report the findings
I have used these blades for the last week.
View attachment 125092
I can honestly say it has surpassed my expectations for smoothness and longevity.
I have gotten 5 great shaves with one blade and my Gillette Red Tip.

For price, with shipping less than $0.35/blade/100 or $0.29/blade per 200. I gave that a 10 because I would have been on a second blade with a Shark or Red I.P. for that same amount of money per shave.

High Quality stainless steel blade.

Very sharp, In my short DE shaving experience, as sharp as my Feather blades.

Longevity, lasted twice as long as my other blades.

Smoothness, extremely smooth. Smoothest shave I have had yet.

Packaging, I rated a nine. NO glue on the blade is a plus. I would have liked a 5/10 blade metal/plastic container for traveling purposes. but 100 wrapped blades in a card board box is OK.

It is the best blade I have used in a year.
I can get BBS shaves with other blades but these have been fabulous and easy to obtain.

John

I bought mine from Robbins Instruments
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I have been a big fan of the Gillette Russian Yellows and Personnas Reds. I have tried over 20 different DE razor blades but nothing I have tried compares to these blades: they have given me the closest, long lasting, and smoothest shaves ever.

The blades come in blue packaging. If you buy the medical prep blades that are made for hospitals they will state "for hospital use" on the blade. If you buy them from a lab supply company, the blades will say "Super." However, the blades for shaving purposes are identical. The hospital blades go through a "cleaning up" process that has no impact on shaving. I have shaved with both and have found no difference in the blades.

I normally get at most 4 shaves with any blade. These blades give me 6+ shaves - and the last shave is as good as the first.

My only complaint is that the blades are not readily available and shipping charges from medical or lab supply companies are on the high side. However, when you factor in the number of shaves you get per blade, these blades are a bargain.

I gave them a 9 in packaging. They come in either a long cardboard box or small one. The blades are wrapped and there is no glue residue on the blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)