What's new

Personna Medical Prep Blade

Item Description

I have been a big fan of the Gillette Russian Yellows and Personnas Reds. I have tried over 20 different DE razor blades but nothing I have tried compares to these blades: they have given me the closest, long lasting, and smoothest shaves ever.

The blades come in blue packaging. If you buy the medical prep blades that are made for hospitals they will state "for hospital use" on the blade. If you buy them from a lab supply company, the blades will say "Super." However, the blades for shaving purposes are identical. The hospital blades go through a "cleaning up" process that has no impact on shaving. I have shaved with both and have found no difference in the blades.

I normally get at most 4 shaves with any blade. These blades give me 6+ shaves - and the last shave is as good as the first.

My only complaint is that the blades are not readily available and shipping charges from medical or lab supply companies are on the high side. However, when you factor in the number of shaves you get per blade, these blades are a bargain.

I gave them a 9 in packaging. They come in either a long cardboard box or small one. The blades are wrapped and there is no glue residue on the blades.

Latest reviews

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Well, I spent several years trying I don't know how many different types of blades. I daresay I've tried the majority of the current production. It was fun. Note on WAS.

I'll never try another type of blade again. I'll never USE another blade again. From the second stroke on the first shave, I knew this was something special>

Just finished the fifth very very close, irritation free shave with no signs to degradation of performance yet.

These blades are far and away the BEST I have ever tried, and I have tried most of them out there. And it isn't even CLOSE.

Can't believe it took me so much time (and money) to find my way here.

No more will I experiment. Research is complete
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: packaging
Incredibly sharp. I'd been using the labs because the price is so much more attractive but this is a super blade. I need a bit more technique time with it and I am not sure how durable they are, but after a few shaves they still perform well.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Excellent blade
Cons: Packaging
I just got around to trying these, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I was out of Feathers, awaiting a new shipment, and found these languishing in a drawer. I've had 10 of these lying around for months, part of one of those "sampler packs" from some guy on eBay. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

Up until now I've been hooked on Feather blades, despite their cost. I've tried a lot of different blades, and nothing really did the job like a Feather. Even the blades that other people rave about just didn't get close enough and some left my face feeling like I'd gone over it with a belt sander. I don't know if it's my beard or my Merkur 47c that is so picky about blades.

The first shave with these Personna blades felt every bit as good as my old reliable Feathers. I think the Feathers are just slightly sharper, but if Feather is a "10", these are a "9+". Two passes, and my face felt as smooth as it did the day I entered this world. No nicks, no weepers, no irritation! After four shaves the edge was starting to go away, so I reloaded for the next round, and it was perfect once again. I can usually get three shaves out of a Feather before I have to reload, so these seem to have about the same longevity. At about $0.11 per blade in boxes of 100, and with free shipping, this is my new "go-to" everyday blade! I still love the Feathers, but at four times the price (or more) I'm going with these Personnas until they quit making them!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)