What's new

Perdomo Fresco Maduro

Price - Thanks to the the original reviewer, I got mine for free!:thumbup: However, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase at their retail price. I was a fan of Cu*Avana as they were a good cigar at a great price, the Fresco blows them out of the water.

Quality - Great draw, I dropped the ash twice while I smoked the Robusto version. And the second time what was left of the cigar was dropped with it. It's on par with a cigar twice it's price. I did notice it to burn a little on the hot side. Nothing major or something that would hinder your enjoyment of the cigar, just an observation.

Value - What can I say, it's a bundled cigar that tastes and smokes like something that should come in an elaborate spanish cedar chariot.

Flavor - Mild yet very flavorful. This is what makes a great cigar imo. To be flavorful, yet not knock you out of your chair when you lite it. Definite cocoa with some spice and earthiness. I'm not a big maduro fan, but this cigar is an exception.

Aroma - Very nice in this department. A sweet smokiness, what you would imagine a dark chocolate bar would smell like if you threw it in the campfire. Unfortunately, reality is cruel and you really shouldn't throw chocolate in the fire because the aroma is not pleasant.

Packaging - Bundle. Fancy! The band wouldn't be that bad if it weren't HUGE! It has to be over an inch in height. Again, it's simply cosmetic, you wouldn't shy from a tub of Taylor's St. James because it comes in a PVC tub would you? Didn't think so!
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Flavor
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Now on to the ratings.

Price: I gave the Fresco Maduro a 10 because I don't think you'll find a better cigar for $2.50...come to think of it, it's hard to find a bad cigar for that price!

Quality: Looking at this cigar, it is evident that it's a quality product. The construction is good, the burn is even, and the ash is strong.

Value: You simply can't find a better value, in my opinion. Sure, $1 sticks are out there, but I've found that the majority of them lack the flavor.

Flavor: Subtle spice with rich dark cocoa and coffee undertones. Delicious!

Aroma: That sweet, smoky, chocolaty maduro aroma.

Packaging: Ehh...what can I say. It's a bundled cigar, so it's individually cellophaned cigars bound in more cellophane. Not to mention the fact that the bands are annoyingly large.

All in all, this is my favorite go-to stick. It was the cigar that I passed out to my best friends at my bachelor party. It was the cigar that I gave to my friend to celebrate the birth of his first child. And it is the cigar that will always have a home in my humidor.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)