Item Description

Penhaligon's Notes:
Head Notes
Geranium, Lemon, Lavender, Bergamot and Lime

Heart Notes
Rose, Ylang Ylang, Clove and Cedarwood

Base Notes
Musk , Amber, Oakmoss, Frankincense and Vetiver
Raquets was the second Penhaligon scent I tested out of the samples I received and has been a very pleasant experience. The scent is Musky with Flowery accents and wears extremely well. The fragrance is discreet yet noticable and lasts throughout the day.

I did not comment on the atomiser as I was using the 1.5ML sample vial and not the atomised product.

Latest reviews

Racquets is a fantastic scent. Many of Penhaligon's offerings are very traditional British and floral...some too much so for many to feel comfortable wearing.

But this one was introduced in 1989 and reflects some of the more modern sensibilities of men's frags.

While it is somewhat floral to start, the overwhelming feeling I get after dry down is very clean and somewhat soapy in a good way. It is a "barbershop" scent for me and I feel very centered and focused wearing it.

I find it to be a great "work" fragrance as opposed to a "date" frag. Feels better wearing it when dressed for work than casual. Others may disagree.

It strikes a perfect balance for me of being very present, but never offensive or overwhelming.

It's also distinctive. I don't know of anything else people might think you are wearing. A consideration for me when buying a pricey frag.

The longevity is among the best of my fragrance collection.

I would call it a "must try" for the Badger and Blade crowd.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I just received a sample of Racquets yesterday and am wearing it as I type. Wow! OldSchoolYoungin's description of, "wonderfully creamy, warm, and woody" hits the nail right on the head for me! Saxifrage's comment also struck a chord, "it just reeks of someone coming out of shower at the country club after a tennis game. Clean... and snobby." I feel compelled to tuck in my shirt and tie a wool, hand-knit sweater around my neck!

Loving it!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I've got a bottle of Racquets Formula, and it's one of my favorite lighter scents. It's a floral scent with some subtle musky/woody notes mixed in the dry down. Beyond that, I don't know how else to describe it -- it's just a nice, clean, "yummy" fragrance! Good stuff!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Halden
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Halden

Top Bottom