What's new

Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Item Description

This is one of my favorite colognes. I get mostly black pepper, and some clove and rose undertones, with a slight bit of cedar. It does have a British smell to it, which I've normally taken to mean its a cologne you want to get a decant of before purchasing.

Here are the notes listed from the Penhaligon's website.

Head Notes
Bourbon black pepper, Yuzu fruit, Coriander

Heart Notes
English Clove Rose, Cinnamon, Incense

Base Notes
Cedarwood, Australian Sandalwood, Ciara wood, Musk

Latest reviews

Price- This is kind of relative in the respect that if you really like the Penhaligon's line of scentss $100 for 3.4 oz is a lot, but certainly not exuberant. I bought the 3.4 oz bottle and this will last me for years to come.

Quality- This company and the fragrance are top notch!

Packaging- Nice study thick box that I keep the bottle in at all the times. The bottle that Opus comes in is kind of plain however. I think that's what I like about it though.

Scent- I'm not good at describing scents, but it smells very sweet and woodsy to me. It's very intoxicating and SWMBO absolutely loves it. That in and of itself deserves it to be a 10. It's got a nice cedar and sandalwood hint to it.

Staying power- This can vary from person to person and I get varying results between different fragrances in the Pen's line. This one, however lasts on me 10+ hours and even longer. It just keeps going, absolutely amazing and makes it even more worth the price.

Atomiser- I don't know much about atomiser's, but it delivers an abundance of juice per spray.

Go buy this you will love it and so will others around you.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
To me it's funny how some people find this fragrance modern, subtle and sophisticated. To me clove, rose and pepper reminds me of my old aunts and their sachets and closets.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
behrendprof;1007604 said:
Now, why I care is that on me L'Occitan lasts all day, Opus 1870 disappears in a few hours.

Not a review but had to jump in with a comment.

It is very interesting. I have both and my experience with lasting power is completely opposite - no matter how much L'Occitan I put it goes away in less than two hours while one spray of 1870 stays almost for a whole day.
Only L'Occitane that stays somewhat longer on my skin is Cedre, others just poof away very quick.

Item information

Added by
rvbert0
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from rvbert0

Top Bottom