What's new

Penhaligon's Endymion

Pros: Scent
Cons: Price
This good-but-not-great cream features the scent of Penhaligon's Endymion. The scent isn't strong or long lasting.
The cream is smooth but not slick; it's a notch below the Three T's. It leaves a bit of an oily finish, so I guess I'm moisturized.
Is it worth the price? No, not in my opinion, which is why I can't recommend it, even though the shave was adequate and the scent pleasant.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent lasts a L O N G time
Cons: Scent lasts a L O N G time
Thought I'd try this after reading quite a few positive reviews. It lathers nicely, feels good on the face, the razor glides smoothly. However, I found the scent doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form. It does linger for quite some time, more than any other cream I have used. It's as if it had a built-in cologne. A bit too flowery for my taste, but I know it really appeals to a lot of folks. I sold it to another member after one use.

If only some of my other creams lasted as long...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I don't normally review products, except when I am utterly blown away at the quality. I use a Vulfix 25mm Super Badger for my creams

Price: At $40 a tube, this stuff isn't cheap. I can get arko for $3, which is an excellent value, and CO Bigelow for $7, but this stuff is worth it. Yea, its expensive, but for those days when you want to feel special, this is the stuff to use.

Quality: A top notch product

Scent: I don't know how to describe it. Light and dark at the same time. I am a fan of unique scents. I have never smelled a product like this one. It truly tantalizes the senses

Latherability: Unlike it's non-tallow soap siblings, this thing lathers like a pro

Efficacy: Glides easily across the face, can't ask for more

Moisturizing properties: I followed up with the Endymion Balm, so I can't say for sure. I always use AS, so I'm not sure how important this category is. But it was by no means drying.

Packaging: The regal blue and gold packaging exudes luxury. Yea, a bowl would be nice, but this does the job

In conclusion: This cream is incredible. The performance is top notch, but the scent is what makes this cream. I applied the lather to my face, and had to pause to just savor the enormous pleasure I had from using it. It's not cheap, but it will be a staple in my den. I was apprehensive of the price, but I have never used any cream or soap that felt so extravagant and luxurious. Not something you want to use everyday, but worth every penny
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I've had this for a few months now. I probably use it once a week, and love when I do. The scent is top notch. I would describe it as warm, my wife as "manly" Perfect for a cool day, or a confidence inspiring shave. Always paired with the Endymion ASB.

Yes, it's expensive. For that price, I really wish they offered a tub, as I feel this is more efficient. No idea why Penhaligon's only offers that with the BB. Lathers very well in a bowl. It's moisturizing enough, though I don't emphasize this in any of my creams.

So all in all, a great cream with a great contemporary scent that is worth the price, but would be even more so in a decadent bowl.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Penhaligon's sums up this product on the packaging: "Endymion was a king, born rich, beautiful and strong. He sacrificed it all to pursue a lover he saw only in his dreams. Then he discovered that the woman from his dreams did exist, she was Phoebe, goddess of the moon. He was granted immortality on condition that he spent his life asleep and dreaming of her. He accepted." It sounds rather over the top but this quite expensive shaving cream is really hypnotic.

Endymion cream only comes in the 150g tube, not the elegant tub that BB comes in. The package quality is excellent, the tube comes in a high quality box and the overall quality is very good. The cream has a smooth fairly easy flowing consistency. I happen to like Endymion, so I rate the scent very high. Is stays on my skin for at least 2 hours after the shave, so it has a good deal of perfume oil in the mix. I like this feature but it may interfere with other after shaves/colognes.

The cream lathers up well, the volume of lather is not enormous - you get more lather per scoop with TOBS creams. The lather is dense and creamy. It provides a good cushion and lubrication of the blade. Moisturizing is neutral - doesn't dry but not greasy or oily at all.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)