What's new

Penhaligon's Elizabethan Rose

Wow! If you like Trumper's Rose soap, you're bound to love this one. To me they smell very much alike. It has a sweetness to it, but not overly so and it is not feminine IMO.

Staying power was fairly impressive, considering scents do not last long on me. This one stays with me all day, with good strength throughout.

Rose lovers are missing out if they don't atleast get a sample of it, very nice stuff. :w00t:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I will wear this when I use Rose shaving cream and Rose Skin Food.

This fragrance compliments them all without dominating or distracting from the overall scent of the other products.

This is a pure rose scent. It smells just like smelling a real rose. It is not a feminine scent, but more of a pure one-note scent.

It is one of my favorite Penhaligon's scent.

-joedy
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Don't be fooled by the marketing of this fragrance to women only. For those gents that enjoy using rose scented shaving products, this is the icing on the cake.

I fell into this fragrance by accident. My wife was very positive about a sample which was included in my last Penhaligon's order. Being the typical guy I misread her reaction. When the bottle, I ordered for her as a surprise, arrived that she said she loved the fragrance but it wasn't her style. This was too bad because it smells incredible. As I was decanting it I couldn't get over how great this stuff smells.

Last night my evening straight razor shave consisted of:

St. Charles Shave Savory Rose Shaving Soap
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Dr. Harris Pink After Shave Splash
Trumpers Coral Skin Food

I stood in front of my array of colognes trying to find a fragrance that wouldn't distract from the already established rose foundation. Much to my surprise I picked up one of the decants and thought why not?

Using a very light mist it went quickly from the top note of geranium to the middle note of pure rose - incredible! Eventually it dried down to a mixture of rose and sandalwood. I won't be using it frequently but when I want the perfect ending to a rose scented shave this is it.

I would encourage those of you who enjoy rose shaving products to give this one a try. Buy it for your sweetie and sneak it in your shaving rotation. :biggrin:

A thread discussing this review can be found here.
Top Bottom